IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye lose

Options
Manchester County Court 1XJ81016

Parking Eye v Smith

Defendant parked on two occasions without paying and therefore owed damages for the contractual breach. This amounted to £15 (clearly listed on a sign as a list of tariffs).

Pannone sent FOUR solicitors and attempted to claim costs of... (wait for it)

£4457.20.

Original claim of £240 deemed a contractual penalty unrelated to damages incurred.

£15 + £95 costs awarded.

The lesson here is probably to pay for any damages sooner rather than later, which may have avoided the £95 costs.

Still, Parking Eye won't be looking forward to their big Pannone bill. Quite why you'd employ 4 solicitors for a small claims case and why Pannone thought they'd get £4k is probably the biggest mystery in all this.

Comments

• bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Hahahahahaha now where are Callista and co? Well done to everybody who had a hand in stuffing the scammers.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2011 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Had someone failed, perhaps, to register the fact that the case was allocated to the small claims track?

Could this be linked by any chance (I'm thinking Pannone's) to the recent mysterious Shoreditch & Clerkenwell case (similar court reference) where PE were allegedly awarded £2.5K on a default judgment?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bet they wont be bleating about this one now will they.

Well done Smithy for seeing it though!
  • Alexis27
    Alexis27 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    HO87 wrote: »
    Had someone failed, perhaps, to register the fact that the case was allocated to the small claims track?

Could this be linked by any chance (I'm thinking Pannone's) to the recent mysterious Shoreditch & Clerkenwell case (similar court reference) where PE were allegedly awarded £2.5 on a default judgment?

Yes, they were quoting that case earlier this week in an attempt to get the Defendant to settle prior to court. Well when I say settle, they wanted more than the claim - £368.23, but would accept 4 weekly payments.
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    This shows the desperation of PPCs. It also shows that the Clerkenwell business smells distinctly fishy. Respect to Alexis and Smithy.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    This shows the desperation of PPCs. It also shows that the Clerkenwell business smells distinctly fishy. Respect to Alexis and Smithy.
    I agree. I've just gone back and re-read some of the more recent posts (its confusing as there were two seperate threads on ppp) and developed a severe case of deja vu. If I hadn't known that the case involved a Moazeem Hossain I'd have sworn that it was a rerun of the Stephen Thomas case.

The hand of Perky looms!
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Parking Eric, Happy Mondays, Looplotty, Youknowwho, Webpeter, Callista, Elvis is King......Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!! (apologies to Norwegian football commentators)
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Both these PPC losses point up what we have been emphasizing for a long time. Namely, most PPC claims are not reflections of the true loss but a penalty, and the RK is not obliged to name the driver. Couple that with the recent Excel loss over poor signage and I think we have a full house.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Parking eye /panome any of you lot care to comment?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • smithy2121
    Options
    Haha most of you on here thought I was Parking Eye 6 months ago! So glad I went with it and trusted Alexis, can't speak highly enough of what he has done for me, giving me the confidence to fight this and I am so glad that we did it.

I have learnt so much during this process and I am so glad to get a result out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure