Does anybody use iZettle for taking payments ?

Comments

• Emptysack
    Emptysack Posts: 12 Forumite
    Originally after reading this thread I was undecided and was favoring worldpay zinc and decided to sign up but from reading around I thought I would have a look at the izettle site too. upon doing so I noticed they where giving there basic reader away for free if you confirmed your bank account within 7 days, so after signing up for worldpay zinc I decided I had nothing to loose to try izettle..

Worldpay zinc signup was a pain, it stated it would take 5 mins but after signing up it said further checks where required and they would be in touch within 5 days..

during that time as said already i signed up for izettle and within 2 days the free reader was at my house and the account was set up and ready for use and I began using it, a further few days later I got an email from wpz saying my account was now up and running so i logged into it and started playing about with things and familiarizing myself with the set up. After a day playing it it I realized it does not even come close to izettle...

In my opinion izettle wins hands down for a number of reasons..

1/ They offer a free reader for business customers
    2/ Their paid reader supports contactless payments
    3/ Their website dashboard is better
    4/ Their website ssl certificate works and doesn't give warnings. Worldpay zincs website (when logged in) gives a https error. (This is also the same if you request payment via email or text... not exactly what I would call a professional company and could make you seem like a fraudster sending someone payment links and when they click them they get security warnings.. I for one would never enter card details into a site that does not have adequate security and produces warnings.
    6/ It supports integration with accounting software
    7/ It has a far higher annual transaction limit..

Also, contrary to previous posts, they do have telephone support and visa payments work with the card reader..
  • Acc72 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anybody have any experience of using iZettle to take payments from customers ?

What has your experience been ?

Doing a search on this site there are comments about not being able to take Mastercard payments, but their website says that you can as they are EMV (Europay, Matercard and Visa approved) - may be recent approval ?

How have your customers responded ?

The website says "no lengthy contracts" - what does this mean, that there is effectively no contract ?

Are there any other similar companies / systems out there ?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Do not under any circumstances use this service they are underhand and you will have absolutely no protection.They are a Swedish based company who cannot be contacted other than using a switch number to Sweden .You can be frozen at any time and getting your money out is a nightmare
  • I have tried setting up my izettle account but it is only guaranteed compatible on a small selected range of Apple and Android devices, which is not made clear at any stage in the application process. I didn't find this out until after I received my card reader through the post and tried using it on three mobile devices (Vodafone Smart ultra 6, Tesco Hudl and a Polatab). Iinitially it worked on none of them, but after many efforts and email aexchanges with izettle I got it to work on the smartphone. I then tried to make a refund but the instructions on the website do not reflect the screen yiu see on their app. It tells you to go to the 'transactions' option, yete there isn't one in the app! I am awaiting an email from them to explain. It seems to me that in theory it is a great device. The reality is poorly thought through and could have done with a lot more user testing before launch.
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We use izettle and its pretty straight forwards, we can accept credit and debit cards and even Amex and the charges are the same. The more we use it the cheaper it becomes.

Its a little confusing when it hits the bank account as they take the charge off before it comes in, but now we have got our head around it, its ok.
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I have an online business but also do stalls to help promote the business.

Having seen all the different types of ways to take card payments doing stalls I have decided that this may be a way forward for me giving my customers an alternative way of paying.

I have a £50.00 Amazon voucher and was wondering:-

1. If I could get a tablet/ipad for this price from Amazon; and

2. What would be the best device for the money I have to spend.

Thanks
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • chalkie99 wrote: »
    We have just completed a sign up with WorldPay and it is many times better than iZettle,

They supply a chip and pin terminal which looks just like any other that customers are used to in shops. It connects wirelessly (through Bluetooth) to an Android 'phone so the customer does not handle your phone and, of course, you have the security of chip and pin and the widely known name of WorldPay.

In addition you can take customer not present sales over the 'phone via a web interface.

We were set up and had our terminal in 5 days and it really seems to render the others redundant.

https://mobile.worldpay.com/

Be very careful with the customer not present transactions , worldpay advertise this as a selling point , but hate you using it , I had a load of trouble and they closed my account because they are liable for 90 days for any fraud from a customer not present transaction , a horrible company to deal with who talk to you like 5hi7 !
  • lynseydee
    Has anyone heard of this?

https://sumup.co.uk/air-contactless-card-reader?prc=UK29AIR

Seems good at 1.95% per transaction with no monthly fee and until the end of February is only £29.00.

What does everyone else thing?
    Did owe £9,951.96

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • wwjxw03
    wwjxw03 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Have used it for 18 months - no problems whatsoever. It's a great system. Only one drawback.... Can't process card when offline (buyer not present). This is needed when you are out and about and don't have a wifi, 3G or 4G signal.
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of this?

https://sumup.co.uk/air-contactless-card-reader?prc=UK29AIR

Seems good at 1.95% per transaction with no monthly fee and until the end of February is only £29.00.

What does everyone else thing?
    wwjxw03 wrote: »
    Have used it for 18 months - no problems whatsoever. It's a great system. Only one drawback.... Can't process card when offline (buyer not present). This is needed when you are out and about and don't have a wifi, 3G or 4G signal.

Are you commenting to what I put?

So basically, as I would want it for when I do events, I would need either wife or a 3G or 4G signal for it to work?
    Did owe £9,951.96

• Heyah Acc72, I’ve been using this card reader for my costumer’s payments and I didn’t experience any issues. Most of my costumers also likes it because they said it’s easy and convenient. However, there are few who said that it’s not secure and might cause payment issue anytime. My cousin is using a different card reader I think it’s called SumUp. Here’s what I found on searching. mobileterminals.net/sumup-izettle-comparison
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure