Small Business - Sole Trader - Card Payments

2»

Comments

• paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    I doubt any merchant provider offering PAYG is going to clear online payments faster without holding a (£20k?) deposit due to chargebacks etc. Cardholder present Chip&Pin will have a much lower risk profile than CNP using a browser, so if you want to do a lot of CNP you may need to find a deposit or enter a long-term merchant services contract likely costing more overall with terminal rental likely to be more than the purchase price of the WPZ/iZettle C&P-only devices.

Mr Poves seems to have had a different experience than I had, so your mileage may vary. Why not see how it works for you now you've ordered, then you can take cards in the meantime whilst you evaluate other merchant services providers?
  • Mr_Poves
    Mr_Poves Posts: 238 Forumite
    It may work for some Paddyrg , but for me they were a disgrace of a company , I know everyone has bad experiences , but it 's one of the worst experiences in customer service I have ever experienced , plus it made me look a complete tool in front of my customer .
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    It's such a shame to hear that, as their customer service was what convinced me to join and stay with them. Maybe they grew too fast, maybe there were internal restructurings, who knows, but it's a shame when something you had such good experiences with let's themselves down so badly.
  • Thank you both.

I haven't heard anything back as yet.

If I'm approved I'm going to give them a go. Most of my payments will be taken with the card holder present.

It's not worth my while looking at merchant services as I don't take enough to cover the costs.
  • Prosperous1
    Prosperous1 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Just changed from PayPal here to izettle. PayPal won me over with the ease of use and money in your qcco8jt within 2 hours. Then they randomly started holding money for 72 hours.... at least with I zettle they're upfront about this... alps moving forward if you ever need finance izettle will loan you based on your trading history through the machine not a standard credit proposal so can come in handy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure