Grandcat having extended 'sleepover'!

Comments

• aileth
    aileth Posts: 2,822 Forumite
    When our cats seem a bit bored, we have a bag of loose catnip. Get a small amount and put it on top of their head and wham, craziness ensues, then after maybe 10 minutes they go into a comedown coma and zonk out.

Of course not all cats like catnip, but our two love it!
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    checked with son - Barney saw the vet who gave a clean bill of health. Stressed the vet thinks. he has also been neutered.
    son tells me that Barney is a 'red peke persian' imported from USA 5 years ago aged 9months!
    his favourite toys are bottle tops and a ball.

Well Barney slept on the landing last night - I left bedroom door open, but obviously he doesn't sleep with a girl on the first night!

got up this morning and went to bathroom - I thought he had been building a sandcastle in his litter tray!!!!!!!!!!!! a huge mound of litter at one end.

So far he is the perfect houseguest! polite, quiet, eats some of whats put in front of him. doesn't make a mess, wish the grandkids were as easy

I bought him some toys but started with the catnip mouse! jeez - ten minutes of frantic rolling around rubbing that mouse over every inch of him. Then he taught me to 'fetch' - rofl! he just rolled around with the mouse, left it and then sat in front of me, looked at me, looked at mouse, looked at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I aint dim so we played fetch for a while. I swear he was laffing!
  • I'm so happy that your grandcat has has a little 'time out' to think about his behaviour! Some cats do get really miserable in a 'chaotic' house (whether that just be because it's loud, busy, or just not exactly the way the cat wants it - typical!). But you're so lovely. Will be good to give your son a rest too.

I've looked after 100+ cats and the best toys are interactive ones i.e. they want you to play with them. Anything tied onto a string that can be trailed around corners and up and down the stairs will do nicely - try wrapping a knot around the catnip mouse! There are some lovely knitting patterns but it depends how aggressively your cat likes to play and if you'll be heartbroken if it's unravelled!

Hope night 2 is as successful as night 1! : )
  • meritaten
    edited 13 August 2013 at 7:54PM
    ty squeaky! I don't mind if he destroys knitted toys - but seeing what PAH charge for strips of fabric knotted together I had a better idea!
    he likes a ball so will make balls of fabric for him with trailing bits!
    oh dear, I am falling in love with this cat!!!!!!! my OH gobsmacked me in PAH - he suggested getting a harness and lead so I can take Barney outside!!!!!!!!!!!! mind you, he wasn't paying!

I do get this feeling that my son is 'playing me' though - he knows I love cats but he also knows my OH was devastated when our Nicki died and said 'never again' and he meant it!
    (Yes Son - I know you will read this .................you've been rumbled!!! - just don't admit it to your dad).
  • arbroath_lass
    arbroath_lass Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    meritaten wrote: »
    Barney is a 'red peke persian'

C'mon you know the rules! When do we get the pictures? :j
  • meritaten
    Meet Barney

T2eC16RHJIIE9qTYKDe1BRfUfQRyjw48_80.jpg
  • meritaten
    edited 13 August 2013 at 8:40PM
    son sent me this pic - sadly, he doesn't look so good these days. This is Barney just few months ago. and it doesn't show his amazing Amber eyes!

I cleaned his face today and he didn't object, so tomorrow we are having a 'beauty !!!!!! day'! I will try to take some pics and upload them then.

er - what possible connotation can MSE put on the word P a R l o R?
  • arbroath_lass
    arbroath_lass Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    Awww lovely boy! I'm sure he'll look like that again soon. Thanks for posting :T
  • MrsAtobe
    MrsAtobe Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Isn't it normally spelled with a U?

Parlour, parlour, parlour!

Eta, well that worked, why won't !!!!!!?
    Good enough is good enough, and I am more than good enough!:j

If all else fails, remember, keep calm and hug a spaniel!
  • meritaten
    that's my aim Arbroath lass - to restore Barney to full health. he is a very sweet natured lovely cat - and whatever happens he deserves a good life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure