Monument Credit Card

Comments

• Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039
    First Post
    Forumite
    shoe wrote: »
    Hi Wiggynut
    well it seems we are at the same stage really i have waited 3 weeks for a court date and still heard nowt !!!!
    i think we just have to sit tight and wait now !!! What is your local court ??

3 WEEKS???!?!?! :eek:
    that's awful!
    I'm in London - I'm not sure if that means it will be quicker or it's more clogged than other areas!?
    I was just thinking about calling mycol but if it's been passed on then it's not possible to call anyone?! LIMBO! :confused:
    damn - well I have waiting 2.5 years for monument to respond to my complaint (two days late payment and got £500 charges despite being under the limit!! sent 22 letters all ignored!) so I guess another month or two will not make that much difference! :mad: hmm....

apparently Monument are being taken over tomorrow by another company... I don't know what that means to us!
    let me know when you get your court date and I'll post up when I get mine.
    thanks and good luck
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    good luck ...
    i will keep you up dated i am from manchester ...so all the court systems probley the same !!!
    i will stick at it no matter what i have already won 1 for Halifax acc full amount for bank charges also won 1 for credit card charges with Halifax i am aslo awaiting a court date for Lloyds tsb for bank charges so watch this space .
    Good luck keep me up dated.
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    I was just going to claim back from Monument as they have ripped me off bit time - but I've now decided I'm going to claim from other banks/cards etc - 'In for a penny, in for a pound! :D

I thought I would start on the others when this one had been resolved but the amount of time it takes I might as well get the others started!

I had a Capital One card and was late on one payment - they called me up and said I had to pay £200 (I have no idea why - I was only £5 over!) so I paid £200 but the guy had told me the wrong amount so I got £80 charges... I eventually paid off the whole card to get rid of it - it was only £500 limit anyway... it's now closed but others are claiming on closed accounts so I will be digging out my statements to look up these charges!

I think the charges on other accounts and cards comes to £200 or £300 so it's not a lot but if I get it back it will lower my debts - nearer to being debt free which would be great. start again... (not the debt bit hopefully :D )
    thanks for your response... fingers crossed :j
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • shoe_2
    i would not wait round to start the process some are quicker than others read through the threads ! its your money even if you make a start by requesting your statements !
    good luck i started 4 at once 2 now resolved 2 to go but i no still have a couple more to get started !!!
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    Very true... will look at statements and add up the charges myself tonight or at the weekend. (I'm mid move and everything is packed!)
    I sent £10 to Monument and they said they would return it as a goodwill gesture... so why did they bank it then?!?! typical monument style I think!

I've recently started with Nationwide as it was there fault that the payment was missed on Monument - my wages were in the bank so why didn't they let the DD go through??

I already had the statements so I sent two letters of quick saying I'm taking them to court etc... MYCOL was started on the 18th of March which means that they need to respond before the 8th June I think... hopefully this one wont get dragged out like Monument.

good luck! Can't wait 'til it's over! (and my debt level has gone down a bit!)
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    Just got home and I've got a 'Notice of Transfer of Proceedings'

Just letting me know it's transferred to Bromley!
    It also says:

IT IS ORDERED THAT:-
    The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise.

So I guess that means I don't need to fill out a form at the moment unless the judge says so... I'll find that out when I get the court date itself.
    owww... scary! I wouldn't be doing this but as so many others have done it already which takes the edge of somewhat!
    I'll keep ya posted.
  • shoe_2
    hi Wiggynut
    have you heard anything yet ?
    i have still not heard a thing and its well around 3 weeks now ?
    Shoe
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Shoe
    No court date as yet. Might ring the court and ask but they are probably snowed under.
    I'm also claiming from Nationwide and they have given me half the money back and I've got a court form to say whether this is acceptable or not.. .so I will send that back tomorrow.. I started the Nationwide claim nearly two months after Monument... obviously Monument are the worst one to claim from!!!
    Did you get the letter from Monument saying how they have been taken over from the 2nd July by CompuCredit Group and Raphaels Bank??? I'm hoping that isn't affecting these claims.
    Have you tried contacting your court yet?
  • shoe_2
    Wiggynut wrote: »
    Hi Shoe
    No court date as yet. Might ring the court and ask but they are probably snowed under.
    I'm also claiming from Nationwide and they have given me half the money back and I've got a court form to say whether this is acceptable or not.. .so I will send that back tomorrow.. I started the Nationwide claim nearly two months after Monument... obviously Monument are the worst one to claim from!!!
    Did you get the letter from Monument saying how they have been taken over from the 2nd July by CompuCredit Group and Raphaels Bank??? I'm hoping that isn't affecting these claims.
    Have you tried contacting your court yet?

Hi Wiggynut
    yes i got a letter but i think we are safe as court procedings have already started ! It is monuments defence so i shall carry on regardless !
    i have contacted the courts by phone they said a court date is being decided and i should here in around 10 days time and that was well more than 10 days now !:confused::confused::confused:
    i will carry on regardless but god i will be glad when this process is over !
    its a long process, i just want to pay this comp off once and for all ....
    good luck keep me posted !
    i will post up my court date ! When i get it !:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    shoe wrote: »
    Hi Wiggynut
    yes i got a letter but i think we are safe as court procedings have already started ! It is monuments defence so i shall carry on regardless !
    i have contacted the courts by phone they said a court date is being decided and i should here in around 10 days time and that was well more than 10 days now !:confused::confused::confused:
    i will carry on regardless but god i will be glad when this process is over !
    its a long process, i just want to pay this comp off once and for all ....
    good luck keep me posted !
    i will post up my court date ! When i get it !:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can't wait till this one is over... not hearing anything from anyone and no letters is really difficult to do... it's like sitting in the dark waiting for someone to turn the light on! :o
    I might give the court a call... I got a letter to say it was in Bromley so will have to look up the number.
    I will let you know if I hear anything!
    good luck and hope you hear soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure