IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice time limit

2»

Comments

• stuflo
    stuflo Posts: 8 Forumite
    this is a copy of my draft letter to send to the ppc for my complaint about late submission of the pcn's

if someone could have a quick look it'd be appreciated (it is copied from the correct template i believe.

Date
    Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ######### and ########
    Vehicle registration: #######

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the vehicle and I will complain to the landowner about the matter if it is not cancelled.

You have NOT complied with terms stated in the POFA 2012 regarding paragraph 8.4(b) and 8.5 time scale to issue notice.
    I would also like to point out that NO PERMITS TO PARK are available for this site, which is the ultimate reason for yourselves issuing these notices.

Further, I understand you do not own the car park and you have given me no information about your policy with the landowner or on site businesses, to cancel such a charge. So please supply that policy as required under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. I believe the driver may well be eligible for cancellation and you have omitted clear information about the process for complaints including a geographical address of the landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You will need to send separate appeals, one for each PCN as you will need separate verification codes for POPLA who definitely won't deal with one appeal covering two tickets.

If this was a camera operation (no windscreen ticket) then it's para 9 of PoFA, not para 8.

How are you getting on with your complaint to Theresa May?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • stuflo
    thanks very much Umkomaas
    draft letter to Teresa May has started to be drawn up but not got very far, to much trawling on here to sort out both letters
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    stuflo wrote: »
    thanks very much Umkomaas
    draft letter to Teresa May has started to be drawn up but not got very far, to much trawling on here to sort out both letters

To save you any trawling on this one, there's one already written for you. You might want to 'personalise' it with issues from your own case.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

Send it by snail mail with copies of all the drivel you are being forced to deal with by the PPC and any debt collectors involved. A thick envelope landing on a desk carries much more weight (intended pun) than an email with attachments entering an In Box and which can be so easily diverted to the Trash file.

Send separate bundles to Theresa May, Sir Oliver Heald and your local MP.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • stuflo
    great thanks for that Umkomaas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business