IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice time limit

Hi there just after a bit of clarification regarding POFA 2012 schedule 4,
it quite clearly states within paragraph 6.2 that they must write to the keeper within 14 days, for a remotely issued ticket (ie by post not a ticket on the vehicle)
but reading through various posts on here people are mentioning 56 days and various other timescales.
I received 2 tickets in 1 envelope with the alleged offences happening 52 and 73 days previous to the date on the letter.
Also the pictures of my vehicle do not have any time or date stamp on them.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sounds like both cases are not POFA compliant. Which PPC?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stuflo
    stuflo Posts: 8 Forumite
    The parking company is UK Parking Solutions.
    But the letter is headed UK parking Solution.
    Either way they are TR Luckings trading as the above.
    The ticket was given in a car park where I work and one of the tenants of a building I was parked in front of took pictures of my vehicle and got in contact with the parking company for the site.
    No pictures are time or date stamped. And there was no ticket on the vehicle so if was basically a remotely issued ticket I'm presuming.
    Thee may also be a claim that the pictures were not taken by one of there employees as well.

I've got until the 13 October to appeal
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,110
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 October 2016 at 6:30PM
    stuflo wrote: »
    The parking company is UK Parking Solutions.
    But the letter is headed UK parking Solution.
    Either way they are TR Luckings trading as the above.
    The ticket was given in a car park where I work and one of the tenants of a building I was parked in front of took pictures of my vehicle and got in contact with the parking company for the site.
    No pictures are time or date stamped. And there was no ticket on the vehicle so if was basically a remotely issued ticket I'm presuming.
    Thee may also be a claim that the pictures were not taken by one of there employees as well.

I've got until the 13 October to appeal

They are BPA members.

From the BPA CoP

9 Professionalism
    9.1 The Code is based on the understanding that operators and drivers should deal with each other in a respectful way.
    This means that as a member of the AOS you must maintain a professional standard of behaviour in carrying out your operational duties. This includes making sure that:
    • vehicles engaged in parking enforcement, such as ANPR vehicles, are marked clearly with appropriate livery or your business name, so that members of the public can see that you are the operator. Vehicles used only to transport parking enforcement staff do not need to be liveried.
    • your front-line operational staff wear a uniform and carry a photo-identity card that is visible and available for inspection by drivers

Send a complaint to the BPA and DVLA that a member of the public took a picture of your car and sent it to a private parking company who then issued you with a PCN.
    The alleged event was not witnessed by a member of the parking company but by a passer by who was not in uniform nor had an ID badge.
    Therefore the parking company had no business obtaining keeper details from the DVLA.
    Your local MP and Mrs May should be told about this scam in writing as well as Trading Standards and the local and national press.

Send the standard BPA template appeal and add (without revealing the driver's identity) that no front line operative was present at the time of the alleged event, and also that both NTKs arrived too late for keeper liability to apply.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Your local MP and Mrs May should be told about this scam in writing as well as Trading Standards and the local and national press

Please send a complaint to Theresa May (and others) as per Fruitcake's advice (above) and the following thread and show us a copy of it. It is important that those who are currently suffering at the hands of PPCs can give a first-hand account to politicians. Seeing that you are committed to exposing this scourge will encourage regulars to help you. The forum is overwhelmed with cases, and our time is limited, so help us to help you.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • stuflo
    Thanks for the advice.
  • stuflo
    Just a question regarding the above replies.
    How do they get away with issuing tickets via cctv then?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite

Who's using CCTV to issue PPCs?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite

You mean ANPR? Because there's a lot of money in it. ParkingEye are the biggest ANPR ticketer and they are owned by Capita with an obscene amount of cash being prised away from people every day. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Make your complaints to your MP and Theresa May while she is planning 'change'.
  • stuflo
    what the landlords of the site ask the tenants to do is to take a picture of the vehicle parked in front of their premises and then email them to the landlord who forward them onto the parking enforcement company.
    I'm sure this does not adhere to the POFA guidelines or those of the BPA.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    It's called 'self ticketing' and is part of the entire house of cards scam and is 'allowed'; if only some day it was blown down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure