Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Comments

• ozvaldinho
    ozvaldinho Posts: 446 Forumite
    Got refunds on these things today:

Tesco Healthy eating turkey steaks, reduced from £7.22 to £5.22 per kg; I found 2 with the old price on. The new stock has yellow stickers on.

Tesco 16 slices ridless back bacon unsmoked...£2.89 price on shelf, £3.18 on pack.

This may be a new one for you, tesco garden peas 1kg bag. There's an offer on 2 for £1.50, or 85p each. I bought one and was charged 93p. Ignore any comments about the weight being 907g...they're all 1kgs.

These were all in Cambridge; unfortunately the CS have removed the offending labels.

One thing makes me laugh, having hit them for 3 packs of corn-fed chickens last week, they've changed the shelf ticket. It now says "price reduced...was £2.99kg now £2.99 kg"

Running out of freezer space now.
  • rebeccaj
    rebeccaj Posts: 1,390
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    found some of the organic beef roasting joints mispriced today so I'm really pleased as we love roast beef :D
  • Can someone please tell me if Sainsbury operate this policy and if so where it is written, as I bought some Woodland Organic eggs today, the only price displayed was £1.11 and was charged £1.65, on informing someone after the transaction I was given 50p, rather than the whole item for free. COuldn't argue as I wasn't sure whether it applied here as well as Tesco, sorry if this is the wrong place, have tried searching forums first...
  • jgjet
    jgjet Posts: 770 Forumite
    i don't think they do, had this happen also few weeks back, correct me if i'm wrong!!
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    fruitcake wrote:
    Can someone please tell me if Sainsbury operate this policy and if so where it is written, as I bought some Woodland Organic eggs today, the only price displayed was £1.11 and was charged £1.65, on informing someone after the transaction I was given 50p, rather than the whole item for free. COuldn't argue as I wasn't sure whether it applied here as well as Tesco, sorry if this is the wrong place, have tried searching forums first...

That's quite rich of them considering they overcharged you by 54p!!

Personally I would have considered the situation and thought about what I didn't like about it, and the thing foremost in my mind is that if it happened at Tesco I would have had refund and replace, then I would let SAINSBURY know how I feel and ask them what they intend to do about it, as if the status quo prevails then on the next occasion I will be contacting Trading Standards NOT customer services, do it in writing if possible, lets put a little pressure on the other supermarkets to step in line with Tesco and offer a similar policy!!

I'm all for competition and think it only fair we should have the opportunity of getting our shopping free in as many places as possible.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • PeteM
    PeteM Posts: 520 Forumite
    Yeah, and that policy being a label on the item, but a lower priced one on the shelf :-)
  • Liverbird
    Liverbird Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Ben500

Re. your recent reply in the boots thread about two different prices....

" if any item is displayed with more than one price indicator then it MUST be sold at the LOWEST price in order to avoid breaching trading regulations, a quick call to your local Trading Standards office will confirm this for you."

My local Tesco has chicken breasts advertised at 2 different prices....for exactly the same weight ranges , description etc. The two different labels are directly underneath each other on different shelves....both shelves stacked with the same packs of chicken.
    Could I go to c/s and argue the toss over this one?.......after buying my chicken of course!
  • Had a great day yesterday. OH was due at a meeting 60 miles away so I decided to give him a lift and check out the Tesco's on way back. :j
    First branch I got 3 Topside roast beef joints, was supposed to be £7.19 kg but they'd left one label up still saying £7.15 kg. CS was muttering that the point of sale had correct price displayed on big placards and I should have seen that. I did but wasn't going to tell her that. The wrong price was beside the part I was at. Also got a gammon joint that was shelf marked at £7.98 but pack said £8.48. Managed to get a refund of £28. Because I had paid by cheque she refused to give me cash back, :mad: gave me Tesco vouchers. Complained and I got the manager through but he still insisted I had to take vouchers. I took them but was smirking anyway cos I knew I would spend them in the next Tesco's on my list. :rotfl:

2nd Tesco's - Tesco's own smoked salmon 400g, was shelf marked at £3.65 but pack price was £4.04. Also noticed the 200g pack was marked wrong too but left that. Got 5 packs. Paid for it using my Tesco's vouchers from previous shop and got cash back. £20.20.

3rd Tesco's - Tesco's HL turkey steaks, was on offer at £5.22 but pack still said £7.22 kg. Paid for it half cash and half by voucher I got for complaining about Revels sweets to Mars. They sent me a £5 voucher for my inconvenience. :T Got 4 packs at £10. CS tried to say that she would refund the four packs and only charge me for 2 packs, but I pointed out their policy and she gave me the full price back.

In all I got nearly £60 worth of meat and spent -£5 because of my voucher.

OH was in the car waiting for me whilst I was doing all this and was mortified, but didn't hear him complaining when he had smoked salmon for his tea.

Think I've had my fun with this thread now, my extended family have had quite a few free meals because of it, but it's time to hang up my hat. Enough is enough. Too scared I end up banned from my local branch.
    PS, my local branch had the same mistake with the smoked salmon so I'd check it out. I didn't have the guts to try it again today. :o
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • Liverbird wrote:
    Ben500

" if any item is displayed with more than one price indicator then it MUST be sold at the LOWEST price in order to avoid breaching trading regulations, a quick call to your local Trading Standards office will confirm this for you."

My local Tesco has chicken breasts advertised at 2 different prices....for exactly the same weight ranges , description etc. The two different labels are directly underneath each other on different shelves....both shelves stacked with the same packs of chicken.
    Could I go to c/s and argue the toss over this one?.......after buying my chicken of course!

Yes you can, check my previous post, I did same yesterday and they gave it to me!
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Liverbird wrote:
    Ben500

Most definately

How I would deal with this situation and the inevitable "the ones on the higher/lower shelf are the ones on offer" "it's clear it's an error as the ones above/below are correctly price indicated" etc etc etc simply respond with I can see that but I based my purchasing decision on the lower price in anticipation of seing a rebate on my receipt whein I did not see one I realised I had been overcharged, this will usually be countered with an offer of the difference etc any usual bull to try and fob you off, you have been overcharged and the policy applies no questions.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport