When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks for posting Hidden, I thought I'd just pop back before bed and I'm reassured to hear from you though I think it must be hard for you to post.

Are you still in town now? Do get yourself to somewhere safe. If you go home there's nothing wrong with leaving the TV/light/radio on all night for company. Or could you go to your Mum's?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    P.S. I wonder if the 'outside looking in' feeling is a coping mechanism? Maybe a way of not having to be quite as much involved with your life as you were?

I did google it and clearly to different people the phrase means different things but there is a comment by a psychologist on a forum who says it can be caused by exhaustion or sleep deficiency. That doesn't amount to a diagnosis (I'm not a doctor or psychologist) but it may be worth considering. Have you mentioned it to your doctor?

I hope you can get some rest soon xx
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Hi Hidden,

Sorry you have been feeling low.
    Can I suggest writing ( or if you a more visual approach is better, drawing), not for anyone to read but just do that you can be free to express however much you are able. Sometimes the writing it down and getting it out might help a little. Thinking of you.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2017 at 9:18PM
    Options

Thank you for Coming back to reply
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Hidden, I'm sorry to read you feel so low. You've had some good advice in the posts above, please consider some of the suggestions. I think most of us have had times when we've hit rock bottom and have to dust ourselves off and start the long slow climb back up. I think you've done so well this year and you're a fantastic mum to your children, they couldn't wish for better.

I hope you're safe right now, please take care xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2017 at 10:08AM
    Options
    Hidden, I'm sorry things sound so very tough at the moment. What you say does make sense, and you have been coping for so long I expect it has caught up with you. I have heard someone else say they felt like they we're on the outside looking in. They were very stressed at that point, so I'm sure it is not just you. Short term, be kind to yourself today. What would help you calm down? Seeing the kids, a nice walk? Longer term - Monday - how about booking in with the doctor? They will have heard it all before, and will be able to help. There is also a website called big white wall which is free in some areas, though not all, but if it is in your area it's a helpful forum about mental Heath, and anonymous.
    Finally we are not RL friends but we do care, remember you have people on your side here.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hidden , sorry to read things are not good at the moment. If you need help today , the crisis team at the local hospital are available 24/7 . Stay safe .
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I can only repeat what everyone above has said, Hidden. Please take care . xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    For what it's worth. I was feeling very much where you are and posted though didn't fully admit to how I felt. A very perceptive MSEr not only got it but posted on her very well subscribed to thread that I could do with some cheering up. The thought of how caring this was still makes me well up and the support from here led me down a counselling route for the first time in my close to 50 years. Hopefully you'll feel sufficiently supported by your virtual friends to do what's right for you. Btw, I wasn't dealing with even a quarter of what you triumph over eVery day.

The other thing is that there's a writer called Marian Keyes with her own website. She has struggled with depression and, being a writer, expressed the feeLings well in posts from maybe three years ago. Because I could relate to what she was describing, I used her words to let professionals know how I felt as my own were too mixed up in my feElings.

Hopefully you'll feeL beTter soon. Take as much care of you as your of the rug rats.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you're okay this morning HI. Please listen to your virtual friends and give someone a call, whether it be a friend, the Samaritans, or your doctor's out of hours service.

You need someone in RL to talk to and ideally give you a hug. I know you will keep going because you are so strong and love your children so much. X
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport