PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Comments

• JordieLee wrote: »
    Ooh fellow knitters! I'm new here lol. Is this post just for knitters or does it cover Crochet too?

I think we've chatted about all sorts of fibre-y crafts. :)
  • Good to know lol I do both but I crochet more lately haha
    Debt - £186.72 of £9,422.13

Savings - £176 of £2000
  • everyone is welcome here, We are a friendly bunch here and all very laid back! If you did want a crochet thread there is one in the crafting section of the forum.

I have crochet a few beanie hats over the last few weeks, stocking up for Superman's charity "winter warmer" bags for the homeless people in town.

Knitting has slowed down, I had a miscarriage in august so the unfinished knitting I began for hitcher hiker has been abandonned until I feel able to face it.

I'm turning my attention to christmas presents - master H want's more clothes for his bear so will be a mixture of knitting/crocheting and sewing going on..... and the usual hats to make! I found a nice pattern for some slipper socks to have a bash at too!

Whats everyone up to?
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    everyone is welcome here, We are a friendly bunch here and all very laid back! If you did want a crochet thread there is one in the crafting section of the forum.

I have crochet a few beanie hats over the last few weeks, stocking up for Superman's charity "winter warmer" bags for the homeless people in town.

Knitting has slowed down, I had a miscarriage in august so the unfinished knitting I began for hitcher hiker has been abandonned until I feel able to face it.

I'm turning my attention to christmas presents - master H want's more clothes for his bear so will be a mixture of knitting/crocheting and sewing going on..... and the usual hats to make! I found a nice pattern for some slipper socks to have a bash at too!

Whats everyone up to?

Sorry to hear your news Mary, I can't imagine what you're going through but send hugs anyway :)

Do you have a link for the slipper socks? Have got one pattern but always open to suggestions to use up some stash.
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • So sorry to hear your news, MH. :(

Slipper socks sound so nice and comfy.

I've finally gotten my stash out of boxes and organised (ish). Now to work up energy to actually figure out projects to cast on...have a sweater project to make for a friend, so that's probably up next.
  • So sorry for your loss mary hinge
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    lynseydee wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your news Mary, I can't imagine what you're going through but send hugs anyway :)

Do you have a link for the slipper socks? Have got one pattern but always open to suggestions to use up some stash.

https://auntekristy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/better-dorm-boots-free-knitting-pattern.html This is the pattern that caught my eye, have seen it circulate a few of the knitting groups on the book of face recently!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    https://auntekristy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/better-dorm-boots-free-knitting-pattern.html This is the pattern that caught my eye, have seen it circulate a few of the knitting groups on the book of face recently!

We obviously have the same taste as that's the same pattern I've already saved :rotfl:
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Sorry to hear your sad new Mary sending hugs x

I am in the middle of finishing a cardi for me, hat for ds and just started a Star Wars scarf for dh, it is my first attempt at double knit and I have restarted it 4 times already :(
    Next up will be 2 scarves for a friend and a colleague and a hat for dm!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,050 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    everyone is welcome here, We are a friendly bunch here and all very laid back! If you did want a crochet thread there is one in the crafting section of the forum.

Whats everyone up to?

Mary - I am so sorry about the baby. (((( hugs ))))).

I am half way down the last sleeve of my Bellecond Blouse http://http://www.ravelry.com/projects/PipneyJane/2811-bellecond-blouse-2. Next up is The Jan Sweater from Susan Crawford's A Stitch In Time Volume 2. http://http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-jan-sweater. It's been lurking for a while - I bought the yarn for it in 2011!

Also on the needles is my "sock du jour", which lurks in the bottom of my handbag. I expect to get some knitting on that done tomorrow, when I'm due to get the Tube into London for a football match.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure