PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Love both of those...so pretty.
  • omg I can`t thank anyone, the page is so massively wide and offscreen. I love the shawl but the photo is affecting my screen

Just popped on to say that I am going to stash bust, am about to make very easy slippers. I am wearing a pair today, made with 2 strands of home spun left overs and if too big then I just do a bit of a felt in the washing machine. I`ll make a couple more pairs for me and also for everyone for christmas. That should get rid of much stash
    https://auntekristy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/better-dorm-boots-free-knitting-pattern.html
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    omg I can`t thank anyone, the page is so massively wide and offscreen. I love the shawl but the photo is affecting my screen

Just popped on to say that I am going to stash bust, am about to make very easy slippers. I am wearing a pair today, made with 2 strands of home spun left overs and if too big then I just do a bit of a felt in the washing machine. I`ll make a couple more pairs for me and also for everyone for christmas. That should get rid of much stash
    https://auntekristy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/better-dorm-boots-free-knitting-pattern.html

I like the idea of this and having just looked at the pattern really like them as well.

I am trying to stash bust too but mine is bought yarn. What would you say was good yarn to use in doubling up? Most of what I have is dk so would this be ok?
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    lynseydee you could use 2 strands of DK on the smallest needles possible for you to knit comfortably. Like say 4mm or 4.5mm.
  • lynseydee
    Forumite
    mardatha wrote: »
    lynseydee you could use 2 strands of DK on the smallest needles possible for you to knit comfortably. Like say 4mm or 4.5mm.

I've lent my 4mm to my mum but have 4.5mm. Might have to give them a try as my next stash buster. Thanks Mardatha and thanks Kittie for posting the pattern :)
    Did owe £9,951.96

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,186
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Without reading all of the thread, could peeps suggest where to buy 1500m of chunky yarn to knit a throw? I am struggling to find yarn that makes the project affordable. Thank you!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • lynseydee
    Forumite
    Floss wrote: »
    Without reading all of the thread, could peeps suggest where to buy 1500m of chunky yarn to knit a throw? I am struggling to find yarn that makes the project affordable. Thank you!

Knitting Wool Sales. They also have a facebook page and offer discounts on their wool. What I've seen on facebook they seem really well priced and people are always posting pictures of things they've knitted and saying how well it's come out.

Apparently they've just put some packs on ebay starting from 99p. Search for knit1pearl114
    Did owe £9,951.96

• spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Floss wrote: »

or http://kempswoolshop.com/
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • kittie wrote: »
    omg I can`t thank anyone, the page is so massively wide and offscreen. I love the shawl but the photo is affecting my screen

Will delete post. It looks normal on my screen, feel free to send a message to let me know if there's an issue.
  • Ooh fellow knitters! I'm new here lol. Is this post just for knitters or does it cover Crochet too?
    Debt - £186.72 of £9,422.13

Savings - £176 of £2000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport