Hastings car insurance cancelled after paying in full

124»

Comments

• alex373208
    alex373208 Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2017 at 9:01PM
    ilikewatch wrote: »
    Not really sure that it matters what the cancellations were for, they presumably weren't for fraud if the cancellation was "through no fault on their part"

Anyway, see 2.3 (c):

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/final-notices/hastings.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiiusz4xo7VAhWsJsAKHRhCAGEQFggfMAA&usg=AFQjCNHOZtzI8RcUOZ9GvzecaP7Z7k1evg

Sounds like a bit of scare mongering to me

Very old information too, not far short of a decade

Don't believe everything you read on the internet
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    alex373208 wrote: »
    Sounds like a bit of scare mongering to me

Very old information too, not far short of a decade

Don't believe everything you read on the internet

..and don't believe everything you get told on the phone. Get them to put it in writing.
  • alex373208
    edited 17 July 2017 at 9:10AM
    I was advised by an insurance complaints handler at Hastings that only fraudulent cancellations need to be declared

I was advised by an insurance customer service operator at Direct Line that only fraudulent cancellations need to be declared

I can't be accused of giving wrong information because I am passing on what I was told, I think I have made that clear

My advice to anyone who reads this thread is to take more notice of the two insurers that I have mentioned than the 'respected' forum members on here, most of which have never worked in insurance. Phone them yourselves and get them to clarify the situation

What you shouldn't do is listen to the scare mongering on here and wind up declaring any cancellation without question

My gut feeling is don't declare a cancellation to the next provider if the reason for the cancellation was, like me, you failed to provide proof of your NCD
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Did you read the Direct Line FAQ I quoted? Does it have credibility?
  • alex373208
    ..and don't believe everything you get told on the phone. Get them to put it in writing.

I said I was more likely to believe someone who works in insurance than a have a go poster on here and I stick by the statement
  • alex373208
    rs65 wrote: »
    Did you read the Direct Line FAQ I quoted? Does it have credibility?

These FAQ can be easily misconstrued, so for me no, it doesn't have credibility

I will talk to the Hastings complaints handler again though and tell her you think she's wrong, I'm also interested to know why my NCD wasn't checked on a database so I will be asking that too. I believe insurers have access to that information but if I'm wrong I feel sure I will be corrected
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 16 July 2017 at 10:04PM
    You issue them a "deadlock" notice by certified post.
    NOT FLAMING E-MAIL
    Certified post only and keep the certificate of postage .

Put in the letter you were in hospital and not in receipt of post, you can provide the information they require and then you must state what will resolve the problem.

"That the insurance is reinstated in full."

State the letter is a last deadlock resolution letter before the case is forwarded to the ombudsman for adjudication.

These companies are businesses, in business there is no sentiment, just pounds shillings and pence.
    The Ombudsman will cost them £750 win or lose.
    They will usually take the best solution based on costs.

You can ignore this advice, keep wallowing to complaints handlers over the phone or by e-mail and eventually you will be lining up with the drunk drivers at the special brokers for car insurance and it will be a very expensive next 6 years.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • paddyandstumpy
    paddyandstumpy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OP, I work in insurance and I've told you you need to declare cancellations if asked.

Futuregirl works in insurance and she's told you the same.

Also, she works for one of the companies you've mentioned, it's up to her if she wants to tell you which (she has previously said who she works for in other threads).

Finally, I think (hope) a lot more people will pay attention to the FAQ's on an FCA regulated insurer, than a new poster who resorts to swearing when they are losing an argument, because they think they know better than people who
    a) work in the industry
    b) have been on here a very long time and helps thousands of other people

As to your comment "don't believe everything you read on the internet", I hope others reading your posts apply this logic to what you've been (mis)advising people.
  • alex373208
    edited 17 July 2017 at 9:14AM
    OP, I work in insurance and I've told you you need to declare cancellations if asked.

We only have your word for that, why should I believe you?

Also, she works for one of the companies you've mentioned, it's up to her if she wants to tell you which (she has previously said who she works for in other threads).

Prove it, why leave out saying which one?

Finally, I think (hope) a lot more people will pay attention to the FAQ's on an FCA regulated insurer, than a new poster who resorts to swearing when they are losing an argument, because they think they know better than people who
    a) work in the industry
    b) have been on here a very long time and helps thousands of other people

Don't think and hope, work with facts. A new poster doesn't mean they are anymore inept than any of these other have a go chancers on here. When did i swear? Clarify it. You can't, F isn't swearing, therefore your argument holds zero weight.You're clutching at straws

People like you can't be told anything, you know it all. I've got news for you, you're wrong and you don't like it. Tough pill to swallow isn't it

As to your comment "don't believe everything you read on the internet", I hope others reading your posts apply this logic to what you've been (mis)advising people.

Yes, and I have made it clear they double check the information I have been good enough to provide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure