Nationwide recommend a friend bonus - how long do they usually take to pay out?

A friend has opened an account with Nationwide after I recommended them using the recommend a friend scheme. The person who makes the recommendation and the person who switches are supposed to receive £100 upon completion of the switch. Their account switch was completed exactly 2 weeks ago but neither of us has received any money. How long does it usually take? Should I wait a bit longer or contact Nationwide to ask if there is an issue?

Comments

• AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Should I wait a bit longer or contact Nationwide to ask if there is an issue?

You should wait for the period of time stated in the terms and conditions for the payment to be made.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • Mogley
    Mogley Posts: 250 Forumite
    Usually within 28 days of the switch completing as long as all the steps were completed correctly.
    You should pay attention to the needs of the moment - otherwise there is no future. But to ignore the future is foolish - living solely for the moment leaves nothing for when the next moment arrives.
  • Mine took a week - it was paid as soon as soon as my pay went in and my direct debit bills went out.

If he's met the criteria then may be worth him phoning nationwide about.
  • When did you end up receiving your money in the end?
  • When did you end up receiving your money in the end?

I received the incentive payment on the 18th of January. The total waiting time was around 3 weeks following the completion of the switch.
  • I received the incentive payment on the 18th of January. The total waiting time was around 3 weeks following the completion of the switch.

Thanks for your response. It seems completely random then, I've seen people receive it after a week, 2 weeks and a month. Did something trigger it? (Like a direct debit going out or wages going in?)
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think it said 30 days in the e mail..switch went through yesterday
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Depends how quick your friends are
  • How long after people received the "good news, your friend has switched" email did people get paid?
  • mustbemad
    mustbemad Posts: 614 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Balduke wrote: »
    How long after people received the "good news, your friend has switched" email did people get paid?

I received my £100 yesterday a few hours after receiving the good news email. My switch completed on the 17th June so it took 10 days to pay out, nothing triggered it, my DD's are not due yet.

Mbm x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport