Nearly debt free diary

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    jemreading Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    We've also talked about shopping list and individual debt today :o

- Decided to re-do our shopping list as we enjoy eating a variety of food (settled on £70 shopping budget for me and £80 for him so £150 for the month - still a massive £150 reduction!)
    - We start our savings pot from September pay (27th September)
    - Still got to pay for: 2 night stay in hotel for a wedding (OH is paying for this as I paid for our hotel and travel for a three day trip to Brighton)
    - OH needs to pay the photographer deposit (2 payments left, one of £175 and one of £150)
    - Saving money for above trip (I have £50 so far - adding £120 next month)
    - Saving money for Prague (already paid trip, just need savings but will save £50 per month from August Pay)
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've decided on a few things:

1) use £30 of my travel money this month to put back into my bank account (£30 will pay for: my football ticket @ £10 and my meal out)
    2) use my £70 new £1 towards my Brighton trip. I can then get £80 out of next month pay and will have £170 to take with me (still have £20 in travel fund)

Other things:
    1) signed up to a survey site (0ne p0ll) and already got £2.90 in there - got 12 surveys left at 0.20 for 11 surveys and 0.10 for 1 so another £2.30 to earn - can cash out at £40 and will aim to get that as soon as possible as need to get an outfit for a wedding in October!
    2) keep checking my pr0lific account (struggling to get any surveys only at £1.45)
    3) keep an eye out on topcashback (got £13.45 pending but this could take a while)
    4) Will take £1 coins out (£70) but will keep adding to them when I get them. Aim to add another £50 to the pot come Christmas which will cover a few gifts! This shouldn't be too difficult as it only took me 3 and a bit months to get £70 :D
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a busy day today!

- Gym today at 7:30am :( meant a 6:20 start and work for 8:20am then another gym session after work until 5:30!
    - Got milk, coffee, grapes, pop and crisps to get me through the day (£5.17 spent)
    - Got 2 songs on my phone for 99p each
    - Put £30 back onto my debit card (currently at:
    - Put £20 on my credit card for football tickets (will pay the £20 straight off when my manager gives me the £10 for her ticket)
    - Picked up some money bags so I can sort my £1 coins out
    - Went into another bank to sort my new account out. Unfortunately, bank messed up and lost photocopies of my ID!!! So I have to take my ID in again tomorrow and they need to sort it ASAP!

Waiting for:
    - Wedding venue to send through invoice and wedding brochure.
    - Wedding dress funds to be refunded back onto my credit card (will take it back down to: £870)

Avoiding:
    - Next online shopping - trying to resist the £41 worth of clothes I put in the basket yesterday - original price would be about £80 worth of stuff... :o

Money left:
    - £34.12 left in my account
    - £1 worth of change (ish)
    - £72 in £1 coins
    - £20 in travel fund
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not having a good day :(:(:(

-Spent money at lunch time (£5.40)
    - Bank originally lost photocopies of my ID two weeks ago so I had to go back in and check - which is how I found out they lost it!
    - Got rejected for a current account :mad::mad::mad: not quite sure how! Went to ring them but no-one answered.
    - Checked my credit rating to find they don't have that I'm on the electoral roll at my current address (even though I've voted from my current address twice in the last year!!!)

I'm starting to panic that if I can't get a current account then I won't be able to get anything! I don't have any £0 balance account opened (closed them all after use) and my CC and argos card are no-where near the limit.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Today was a little better:

- Had lunch out at work with my manager (paid £3.79 for a meal and £1.50 for a coke)
    - Played football but my friend paid for me as he owed me it from our last football.
    - Up to £5.95 on surveys but can't cash out until £40.
    - Add 2 more new £1 coins to my collection!

Got an email from saying my credit file is being looked at as it is also missing 3 of my accounts on there and says I have no available credit (which is an inaccurate statement!!)
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I also just did my first topcashback of £5! :j This will cover part of my meal out for my friends birthday on the 25th!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Topcashback is going through just need to wait for it to arrive now. I'm also at £6.40 in my surveys (can cash out at £40)

Spends today:
    - £3.45 drink at lunch with friends
    - £4.05 on food (including 5p bag!)
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Went out last night straight after work and got back in really late so couldn't post. But yesterday evening I spent:

- £1.99 on dinner (quick KFC)
    - £2.99 on drinks (1 beer)
    - £5.19 in Mcdoodle's (I got 2 happy meals as I brought one for the homeless woman outside - cheeseburger happy meal with a hot drink!)

Today spends:
    - £52.49 on shopping but £6.50 was for a birthday gift for my OH friend and we've been more realistic with snacks so we shouldn't need to buy stuff at work this week.

I had to pay for the shopping on my credit card as we were £2.49 short (my OH put £20 towards the shopping as he wanted expensive fish and coffee!)

I've topped my travel money pot back up. It's now at £70 and will adjust next months figures to cover the £52.49 from shopping and take less for travel.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm also at £6.60 on my survey and am waiting £5 for my cashback with another £8.49 still pending, but that could take a while!!
  • Tunnocks
    Tunnocks Posts: 10 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Jem

I'm enjoying following your diary - we have similar spending habits (if only I had your gym habits).

jemreading wrote: »
    we've been more realistic with snacks so we shouldn't need to buy stuff at work this week.
    This amused me - I'm planning 4 NSD's this week, but to do this I'm buying chocolate bars in my supermarket shop which I don't usually do. :rotfl:

Good on you getting the woman outside McDonalds a Happy Meal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure