Sorry more DMP questions

I work shifts and my wages vary depending on how many unsociable hours I get,some months I will work two Sundays other months it will be one Saturday and one Sunday or some months I don’t get any weekends at all, my question is what do I put down as my income on my budget form
Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hi there

If your unsociable hours are fairly regular then you may be able to work out an average wage. However if they are not guaranteed, and sometimes you don't get any at all, it may be best to base your budget on your basic pay and make additional payments when you can.

I can see from your previous posts that you are thinking of applying for your DMP through Stepchange, it's best to have a chat with them about to treat the variation in your wages.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,329
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi thanks for the advice,I was thinking about averaging them out but I will speak to Step Change before I do anything
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure