have you received your tax credit renewal pack yet?

Comments

• kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325
    Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    elaine373 wrote: »
    I have received my renewal pack. I have just done my renewal online. I am worried about getting too much working tax credits because I now receive carers allowance. I informed them, and expected my working tax to drop for the amount that I receive in carers allowance. Nothing changed (it's been a fortnight) so I am doing my renewal and writing to them again about the amount I will receive for the coming year. I do not want to be over paid and then struggle next year. I hope you get yours sorted. They should adjust the amount if you income is lower.

I had to stop working in December and put in a claim for CA. When I spoke to TC they told me I would receive a 4 week run-on of WTC which would, eventually, be deducted from my CA and IS. It took about 8 weeks to start receiving CA and 12 weeks for IS so the run-on was a godsend! They deducted the WTC when they eventually paid the IS (but both CA and IS were backdated to the date of my claim).
  • ferry
    ferry Posts: 1,998
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ahh,I see the ever confusing world that is tax credits rolls on.....

Can't the system be simplified in any way?
    :j
  • charlie358
    charlie358 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Even though we're struggling now they're taking extra off us, we're managing to get by. My overpayment will be cleared by September but I'm hoping that the money the owe me they will automatically clear whatever is left owing to them.

Funny thing is I see a lot of people talking about getting letters regarding overpayment and highlighting how they will take it back, but I've never had one. All I've had this year is an amended award notice in February when I told them I was no longer working and it had a small section just saying how much I owed.

Hoping to get my pack soon!
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    charlie358 wrote: »
    Even though we're struggling now they're taking extra off us, we're managing to get by. My overpayment will be cleared by September but I'm hoping that the money the owe me they will automatically clear whatever is left owing to them.

Funny thing is I see a lot of people talking about getting letters regarding overpayment and highlighting how they will take it back, but I've never had one. All I've had this year is an amended award notice in February when I told them I was no longer working and it had a small section just saying how much I owed.

Hoping to get my pack soon!

Same here. I've only received notes on my award notices saying I owe XYZ and they will take it back from future awards, they have never said how much they will take back or what percentage. I did look online and it said if you earn over 20k they take back 50%, if you earn less that 20K they take back 25%, if you get the full entitlement they take back 10%. I can't work more to fill the gap, because then my income will be higher and they will overpay me, which I'll have to pay back.
  • charlie358
    charlie358 Posts: 41 Forumite
    I know! I was so confused when I had my amended award notice and my payments were dropping as of April, even though I'd told them our income for 15/16 was almost £6000 less than 14/15.

After lots of research it was then I found out about them taking 50% off us.

I was just frustrated cos had I have known sooner I would have put some money aside to top us up each week.

And still no renewal pack for me lol.
  • liam8282
    liam8282 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    I received my renewal pack through the post and renewed online on 29th April.

I have logged on since and there is still the option to renew online.

I am not sure if the renewal has gone through or not, but I did print off the confirmation at the time.

It is confusing because if I logon on now, it looks as though I haven't renewed, but I don't want to submit the information again, because I don't want to duplicate it.
  • FRESTER
    FRESTER Posts: 383 Forumite
    liam8282 wrote: »
    I received my renewal pack through the post and renewed online on 29th April.

I have logged on since and there is still the option to renew online.

I am not sure if the renewal has gone through or not, but I did print off the confirmation at the time.

It is confusing because if I logon on now, it looks as though I haven't renewed, but I don't want to submit the information again, because I don't want to duplicate it.

Mine is the same.

Still shows the option online even if you have renewed.

I got a text saying they had my renewal a day after I renewed.
  • liam8282
    liam8282 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    ^ I didn't get a text, but hopefully it should have gone through if the option still shows for the renewal.

I have the printed confirmation to say I have submitted, so will keep hold of it.
  • I received an extra payment in my bank today but no renewal pack etc. Am a bit worried that my payments may have stopped now as we earned a bit more last year than expected...over time etc. Think mine must have got renewed automatically. Will just wait now until my normal payment day or when letter arrives.
  • I have received mine today. Can I ask, if I report a change will my TC be suspended until they have reassessed my claim? I started work last week - I know I have 30 days to report this but would like to do it asap...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure