P2P: MoneyThing

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nushnush wrote: »
    i am pretty well spread on MT and didnt find it that hard, if it helps ive just checked and a fair bit available just now, several loans but small amounts
    Very bizarre. I guess some people must be pulling out of investments to put their money into VCTs and ISAs before the end of the tax year. Nice to be able to reinvest my interest so easily. Thanks for the heads up.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    Already the amounts are going down quick on the secondary market :) at least I know how they appear now to look :)

I only deposited my funds an hour ago so when they appear I will see what is left and at least have funds in my account for any new ones appearing. Another learning step how the platform works.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Very bizarre. I guess some people must be pulling out of investments to put their money into VCTs and ISAs before the end of the tax year. Nice to be able to reinvest my interest so easily. Thanks for the heads up.

I was quite surprised how much was appearing secondary, I don't know how long it will take for my funds to appear after depositing today, I could be too late for some of these :)
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was quite surprised how much was appearing secondary, I don't know how long it will take for my funds to appear after depositing today, I could be too late for some of these :)
    It's not an automated system, but MT are usually very quick to credit funds even outside of normal working hours.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    It's not an automated system, but MT are usually very quick to credit funds even outside of normal working hours.

Thanks for that, I will check my account over the course of the day and getting to see first hand how this all works :)
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't forget to add your deposit tracker.

Also, be sure to send the payment to the right platform. Earlier this week i was wondering just why Collateral were taking so long to credit my account. It became clear when FundingSecure sent me a deposit notification later that evening.

I missed a lot on the Collateral SM that afternoon :(
  • takesyourchances
    takesyourchances Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 April 2017 at 3:02PM
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    Don't forget to add your deposit tracker.

Also, be sure to send the payment to the right platform. Earlier this week i was wondering just why Collateral were taking so long to credit my account. It became clear when FundingSecure sent me a deposit notification later that evening.

I missed a lot on the Collateral SM that afternoon :(

I added to the deposit tracker on the site as well, I just logged in and my funds appeared. I managed to get some added, the others I was looking at late morning have now been taken up :) It certainly was fast moving, I think I will try and always have some funds in to catch some of these types of opportunities when possible. I have some balance left so when more appear I fancy there is some funds there :)

Easily done when you have several platforms you send to, I ended up doing that once myself and wondering why it was not appearing :)

*Update, was refreshing and caught the Lamborghini loan and no more!
  • elephantrosie
    Options
    what does secondary market mean?

sorry noob to MT.
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It means loan parts that are sold by other lenders that bought them previously either on primary market (when loan originally been offered) or from someone else on secondary market. Terminology is the same on other platforms, not only MT.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • elephantrosie
    Options
    i would like to start p2p investment via MT. i like the idea that the maximum loan can only be 50- 70% of the asset value. my fear though is how can i trust that MT is not over-valuing the asset?
    Another night of thankfulness.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport