IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ace Security Services

Options

Comments

• bigsej
    bigsej Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    In my life*
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You can edit a post, click 'edit' bottom right under it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 September 2016 at 6:48PM
    Options
    @BigSej Which Housing Association is it?

You're fighting Gladstones as they are doing the running on this one. What does your rental agreement with the HA say about keeping cars without Road Tax as that is the key for residential site, not the signs.
  • bigsej
    bigsej Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Our landlord is tower hamlets council. Our home is within a private estate and our tenancy (in my dad's name) is from 1988 when there were no parking restrictions in place. The management company then hired ace security services to manage the parking after the congestion charge began as people started parking on our estate and walking into the city. However I do not know of any agreements being signed by my father or anyone in my household with regards to parking.

On the county court claim however the claimant is down as 'Pace Security' or something like that and gladstones as the representatives.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bigsej wrote: »
    On the county court claim however the claimant is down as 'Pace Security' or something like that and gladstones as the representatives.

Ace Security Services is a trading name of Pace Recovery & Storage Ltd, so that makes sense.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ace security , pace recovery and storage , typical gladstones , their is no such company with interests in this case called pace security

gladstones working in the interests of their customers , wonder if pace security will ever pay them?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    ace security , pace recovery and storage , typical gladstones , their is no such company with interests in this case called pace security.

You obviously missed the BIB.
    bigsej wrote: »
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    If ACE have found out illegally the car is not taxed then there is a possible data protection violation here. You could therefore consier a counter claim for say £250. This will cost you £25.

Your basis for this is Vidal-Hall v Google Inc
    http://www.5rb.com/case/vidal-hall-ors-v-google-inc/

This case established misuse of personal data is a tort, and that damages are not limited to costs incurred.

You would need to be certain there is no legal way for them to find if your car is taxed
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    unfortunately the ability to check a cars VED is open to anyone https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

unlike the insurance database , the DVLA actively ask members of the public to check other cars and report them , whereas the askmid asks you to tick a box to say you are the owner
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    unfortunately the ability to check a cars VED is open to anyone [URL]https://[/URL]

unlike the insurance database , the DVLA actively ask members of the public to check other cars and report them , whereas the askmid asks you to tick a box to say you are the owner

It may well ask members of the public to report the fact to them, but not to take advantage of the open access to the https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax website and then use the information from it as 'reasonable cause' to further interrogate the KADOE database and subsequently issue penalties.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport