PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Flat-pack kitchen was delivered today and hasn't taken up too much room in the garage :)

2. Helped out at DD's school and had a lovely time with the children :):)

3. Have nabbed a load of ideas which will be good to base plans for hopeful uni interview on

4. NSD - hoorah!

5. OH being normal again today, I guess it helps that he's over this latest mini-relapse.....

6. A friend is popping over for a cuppa whilst DD's at Brownies
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    My five for today

1. Went to award ceremony with DS1 in London which was lovely and very thoughtful people helping as he is on crutches.

2. Free train trip there.

3. Met an old friend there who I was expecting to be there

4. DS1 being very talkative.

5. Out for dinner with my aunt.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    1. eating cake
    2. going a walk in the sunshine this afternoon.
    3. feeding the hens
    4. an egg laid by the pullets
    5. fire burning brightly.
  • Blackbeard - its red hat no drawers where I come from .:D
    I do not want to rummage anyones drawers!!!

Oh, and hugs to the SPARRA Kitty. As in the Steeltown, we cannot call it propppper round here.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

1) Having scared the life out of me, mog seems to be OK - the nice man in the horrible place thinks it's just a bad bout of gastro-enteritis and nothing more serious. He's now feeling better enough to have left two parallel gashes down the back of my hand where I tried to get some medicine into him!

2) My line manager allowing me to take the afternoon off at very short notice to take mog to the vet - she's an animal owner too, so I think she felt she couldn't really refuse.

3) Watching the lightning deals on Amaz0n, which I find oddly fascinating even if I have no interest in the products: it just intrigues me to see what sells and what doesn't.

3) b) Resisting the urge (so far) to buy anything from said site, except for a pack of posh stripey socks which my sister will love as part of her Xmas present. (OK, that's not really 'resisting', is it? At least I haven't bought any jewellery. :A (Yet. ;)))

4) Finding that the special food which mog has been prescribed is marginally cheaper (although still ouch-inducingly expensive) bought from Amaz0n than from the vet, so I'll order some with some vouchers I have sitting around from doing surveys.

5) Did some studying this afternoon - the new set book is so interesting I think I might go back to it later and read the whole thing, which isn't something I'm tempted to do very often.

6) Chips for dinner for me too, Chicken - mine will go with a RTC breaded plaice fillet, AF mushy peas and the last few of my HG tomatoes, grilled with some s&p. :drool:

Frith - ooh, butterfly cakes - my favourite! :drool: Do you pull the wings off first like I do? :o

ampersand - best of luck for tomorrow. The weather's eased here now, so I hope the same happens for you very soon.

Have a good evening, all.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good evening from Frankfurt

Pleasures from a day of two halves - and going back in time by 8 hours

1. Another terrible night's sleep but did manage to wake up fairly early to do something with my morning.
    2. went to a park by the river for a walk - it was deserted. Again enjoying the last of the lovely weather. Wandered round looking for a coffee shop - why is it that in a city where every other shop is a coffee shop, when you want one - you can't find one.
    3. Found a really nice one eventually and had a lovely cappucino, watching the world go by. Sometimes it is nicer to be than to do.
    4. also found some Ghiradelli chocolate in a sweetie shop (nice american choc). Kids will be pleased
    5. Flight was ok, managed a bit more sleep thanks to another sleeping tablet. I may take one tonight to ensure a full night's sleep as i am teaching tomorrow. Then I shall give them up as I have Friday sat and sun and mon off.

last but not least

HOME TONIGHT
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Thursday morning here and need to think about getting up for work but will quickly post my pleasures |

1. Early start....DD1 had a birthday and is sweet 16, she got up extra early for her gifts and cards.

2. Oh had a hospital check up, everything okay but the mention of more surgery ( not urgent) was made. Ultimately the decision is his to make but I cant bear the thought of him going through it all again. However they are happy enough with him and he has the okay for flying home.

3. Work was quieter and manager was off so slightly more relaxed mood all round:)

4. Home....my tawny frogmouths have gone.....just left their calling card of poop everywhere! Ironed and ironed as it wasn't done at weekend. But watched a good programme while I did it so it wasn't too bad.

5. Made a lovely lasagne, nachos and salad for birthday tea, OH made banoffi tartlets and I set the table very prettily. We had a lovely meal and such a laugh. I really do appreciate our family time together.

6. Sitting chatting with DD1 and picking the sweets off the gingerbread house and eating them :)

Have a good evening...need to get up now and start the day!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So we still have to be nice to blackbeard the newbie :rotfl:
    1) reading all your posts
    2) very good workshop on learning conversations
    3) homemade salmon and garlic cheese spread in store bake bread sarnies (all fom l!dl) for lunch
    4) reverbed 5p
    5) seminar well received ( and well rewarded with red red wine)
    Now i'm off to the pub for bible study with DD2. Think i'd best stick to lime and soda. We're nearly at the end of Mark
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Yeah for the pleasures thread I won’t bore you with what has to be a literally awful day but positives are easy today as.
    1. It’s my birthday and I’ll cry if I want to which I did, as it was an overwhelmingly naff day, too long for a pleasures post.
    2. The day recovered and it’s been a lovely evening
    3. DH made a vast choccy cake with flakes on.
    4. That overly full feeling.
    5. I have got my first ever kindle and its lovely, I’ve just been on registered it but any advice on navigating around the masses of free books is welcome.
    And reading all of your posts.

PS Tealady I really like those shoe's and I am really really picky with shoes:rotfl:
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear PK, happy birthday to you :)

P.S. Can I clone your DH please? I've never had a man bake me a cake! What a keeper he is :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure