Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Just want to feed the forum.
    I manage to get to the next step. This time I am using internet explorer iE10.
    It might be due to browser but it might also something to do with their system, in the last few days and fixed today.

I have got this massage. "Your application has been received"

Check my email and got confirmation.
    We're pleased to let you know that your Monthly Saver is now open and ready for you to use..

For Karlie88. I have tried it. They do not allow people to apply over the phone all they will ask you is to book an appointment with them on branch.

Brilliant adindas! :D A result at last! :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Does anyone know when the next Virgin Money Regular E Saver is due to be released?
    The currently advertised one (Issue 4) has a maturity date of 20 April 2018. We are now less than a year to that date. I thought the new one would have been released before the first pre-anniversary of the maturity date of the preceding one.
    I have issues 1 to 4 of the online RS's, plus Issue 1 of the Matchday E Regular Saver. I don't bother with the store ones.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know when the next Virgin Money Regular E Saver is due to be released?
    The currently advertised one (Issue 4) has a maturity date of 20 April 2018. We are now less than a year to that date. I thought the new one would have been released before the first pre-anniversary of the maturity date of the preceding one.
    I have issues 1 to 4 of the online RS's, plus Issue 1 of the Matchday E Regular Saver. I don't bother with the store ones.

Second half of next month. The accounts so far have been released every two months, with ~13 months to maturity when they are released, and 11 months to maturity when they are replaced.

We are due issue 2 of the matchday savers now, though. I'd expect issue 2 to be released sometime before the end of the month.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Here is this weekend's update.

I cannot find anything that has changed.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • ashteadgirl
    Options
    Hi
    Think the Darlington BS High Days & Holidays Bonus Saver has disappeared as now in closed accounts list. Seems to have been replaced by Special Occasions Saver paying 1.25% upto £250 per month. Only available to those that live in DBS branch area.
  • JamesRobinson48
    JamesRobinson48 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 April 2017 at 7:30PM
    Options
    The new RS offering from Chorley BS looks worth a look: 2.50% p.a. variable; 12 months term; max £500 per month; branch or post; open to UK residents; this BS seems to have online 'read only' functionality. Plus a distinct 2.75% issue for existing members of long standing. Does anyone see a catch?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone see a catch?

I don't see one yet, and the account can be opened by post.

Withdrawals by cash or cheque, or CHAPS with a £25 fee, so not instant (electronic) access to the balance at maturity of the account.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting!

Not clear if the monthly deposits can be varied, fairly important if you are committed to £500 max per month!
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looks good - send off application form with cheque. No need to send ID via post initially as they'll do an electronic check - if that fails then you're required to send it through. Is that correct?
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Not clear if the monthly deposits can be varied, fairly important if you are committed to £500 max per month!

At 2.5% I'd top up this one with the max each month and leave some of the lesser paying ones a bit thin... assuming you have multiple regular savers on the go at the same time.

You are right though, the "how do I pay money in" section isn't the clearest I've seen!
    karlie88 wrote: »
    No need to send ID via post initially as they'll do an electronic check - if that fails then you're required to send it through. Is that correct?

That's what I understood, but again, it isn't the clearest of instructions, I had to go looking for the info.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport