❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    Can you use it online ? Just found out that you can get a free bag if you spend £35, but only available online

.http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/t-free-gift.aspx.

Could make a great free Christmas Gift :snow_laug

You can use it online, thanks, I see also that delivery is free over £50. Now, let's see.......could I possibly spend £50 at Cath Kidston.....hmmm. Yes, easily.

Thank you, you have now given me a great excuse!
  • littlemschatabox
    Options
    will be debt free congratulations on the birth of Lexie! Beautiful name! Hope you and baby are doing well x
  • princesskitty29
    Options

I have that book :D It was 49p in Home bargains about 15 months ago! I bought a few as stocking fillers for people and kept one for myself.. I can't tell you what's in it though :naughty: I have to keep my evil plans to myself :D

49p?! If only I could find it that cheap!!
    So much to catch up on, will have to try over the weekend

Little Lexie finally made an appearance on tues evening at 11.52pm in a very quick labour, sadly she has a little heart condition (like her sister) but nothing too complicated, finally came home this morning, she weighted 6lb11.

Am very happy and tired!!!! Thanks for all your well wishes, will pop a photo on over weekend if I can!!

:beer: CONGRATULATIONS! Fabulous news, really pleased for you. Lexie is a lovely name and enjoy all of your time and cuddles with her. I hope her heart problem isn't too serious. Best wishes x
    Hi everyone, not posted in absolutely ages. Spent a couple of nights in hospital worried about babies (theyre both fine and still 'cooking' btw!) and came back to a gazillion pages to go through, ok so Im 61 pages behind but might as well be a gazillion!

Just wanted to say thanks to whoever mentioned the reindeer throw and cushions in Primark. I had to buy some..... I absolutely love them!

I agree that tinsel is tacky. However, I use gold tinsel that I have cut up into satsuma size pieces that i scatter in the branches and they look really good twinkling in the lights. I also do a nigella and have lots of soft fairy lights around my kitchen. Teehee I cant wait for Christmas now, though Im wondering if I will have the time/inclination to decorate how I usually would as I will have 2 little babies to look after !!!

Anyway, I'll get back to reading. Dont think I will ever catch up!

I hope you're ok now and relaxing. I too put fairy lights up in my kitchen! Although i'm in a new kitchen this year so i'll have to figure out where i'm going to put them. I have to have tinsel around as it always reminds me of my childhood. I always remember my mum getting the Christmas boxes out and the smell of tinsel as she opened the boxes. I don't out it in my tree anymore but I do have a little bit around. I like the idea of the little bits in the tree!

Well, after all of my excitement I didn't make it to Asda last night. :( But, I am hoping to get to Tesco tonight which will also mean clubcard points! :j
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    I once had a very important meeting where I was complaint about treatment my DS was receiving (more like not receiving) . There were doctors, psychologists , psychiatrists and the like all up against little ol me. It was only when I was on my way home (after being proved right). That i realised I had everything written in my 'Evil Plans and Stuff" notebook. They must of all read the cover and thought "we've got a right one here!"

:rotfl:That is funny! But I hope you got everything sorted out in the end. :)
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options

Little Lexie finally made an appearance on tues evening at 11.52pm in a very quick labour, sadly she has a little heart condition (like her sister) but nothing too complicated, finally came home this morning, she weighted 6lb11.

Am very happy and tired!!!! Thanks for all your well wishes, will pop a photo on over weekend if I can!!

:beer: many congrats! hope you are feeling well and not too battered! how lovely to have another little DD, welcome Lexie! :j:T xx
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    for pinknfluffy 28 - what sort of time do you have your Chrsitmas dinner? if its mid afternoon (ie starting to get dark) you could consider putting some floating Yankee tealight Christmas scented candles (or similar) into a bowl as a centre peice, scattering some glitter onto the water or a few table confetti, would look pretty if it's darker and you could use a string of the batter operated fairy/led lights either around it or down the table runner to reflect the lights? just a thought! :)
  • Snugglebunny8
    Snugglebunny8 Posts: 1,622 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2012 at 9:34AM
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    To all Yankee Candle fans-

How long do their tea lights burn for ?

And are they normal tea light size?

My nativity scene is a tea light holder, and I was thinking of giving in and buying some. But £7/ £8 for 12 is a lot of money for tea lights.

I also don't know what they smell like.

Or the best place to buy them.

4-6 hours, at the moment you can get a box of 12 of the Winter Wonderland (my favourite, absolutely gorgeous frosty, Christmas scent) on Amazon via Yankee Direct for £4.74 + 1.95 p+p, I recommend them very highly, they are great quality, the best ive found and they smell exactly as they burn, really lovely. I will try and post a link after work, but if you go onto amazon and type yankee winter wonderland tealights into search it should come up, seller is Yankee Direct and they have them same price on their website too, hth

ps they are the same size as the usual tealights
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    nic2075 wrote: »
    Evening. I got the Mollie Makes book delivered today from the Book people. I've had a quick flick and it looks good.im going to pour a glass of wine and have a proper look.
    I also got a book for the kids Xmas eve hampers. I got Christmas in Mouse house. It is even better than I thought. A lovely story.

I'm not sure what We are doing for Christmas day this year. My family live 200 odd miles from us. We had them here 2010 and last year we went to my mums and me and my sisters all brought something and cooked it all.
    But my mum is very ill. And my sister and her hubby suggested eating out so that both out family and bil's family could all be together. There would be 17 of us!
    But I don't fancy it at all. I don't want the kids to have to sit at a formal table and not be able to go and play after dinner. Plus it would cost us over £200 just for our family!
    I'd rather spend that money on the food and cook it all at mums.
    My mum isn't feeling up for anything to be honest. I feel horrible saying this, but it may be her last .
    I like to keep everybody happy, but really don't want to eat out. Just don't know what else we can do if my mum wants to go.

I love ellie's idea of hiring a cottage (not read on any further yet or seen other suggestions) If you could find one near your mum's she wouldn't have to travel far.

We once went out for Christmas dinner to a pub and it really didn't live up to our expectations. There's nowt like Christmas day in a house where you can set your own times and live it at your own pace. Hugs to you xx
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

:jcongrats:j
    Hi everyone, not posted in absolutely ages. Spent a couple of nights in hospital worried about babies (theyre both fine and still 'cooking' btw!) and came back to a gazillion pages to go through, ok so Im 61 pages behind but might as well be a gazillion!

Anyway, I'll get back to reading. Dont think I will ever catch up!

:TYou're a braver woman than I am trying to catch up on 61 pages!:rotfl:
    for pinknfluffy 28 - what sort of time do you have your Chrsitmas dinner? if its mid afternoon (ie starting to get dark) you could consider putting some floating Yankee tealight Christmas scented candles (or similar) into a bowl as a centre peice, scattering some glitter onto the water or a few table confetti, would look pretty if it's darker and you could use a string of the batter operated fairy/led lights either around it or down the table runner to reflect the lights? just a thought! :)

Oooooh, I lurve this idea :)
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    :grin: you can get strings of led battery lights in the supermarkets and M&S for under a fiver, white ones work well but ive got a string on red M&S ones which also look nice if you have a red table runner

if anyone happens to see red napkins with sequins on their travels please would you let me know? Ive got a red sequin runner in the Next Jan sale, and silver glittery place mats from Next (they are £12 for 4 but they are reversible, the other side is gold glitter so can change the color scheme easily!) ive got silver and red crackers, so would like some nice red glittery or sequined napkins to complete the table :)

tbought I'd use red and silver ribbon and wrap for the sleighs for the table
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure