A mortgage PPI

Comments

• But there is rarely any useful advice just criticism of the poster and their reasons because they don't usually frame the posting or the original complaint properly because they don't really understand what they are doing/writing.

In response to this they get 'your reasons are rubbish, most complaints will fail, that's not a reason, you are trying it on, what the broker did was legal, he did nothing wrong, you are being aggressive' - this is advice?

So lets see, since posting this the OP has been told:

I hope you get a fee..........not allowed
    One contributor feels sympathy for the OP's husband
    Your grounds for complaint are wrong (again) but we don't know the actual complaint reasons
    The OP is a snob
    The OP is ridiculous and immature

That's really helpful advice
  • So lets see, since posting this the OP has been told:

Your grounds for complaint are wrong (again) but we don't know the actual complaint reasons
    The OP is a snob

Yes but we also have a poster who

Wants an insurance refund so they can go Christmas shopping

Wants to report the advisor to the ombudsman (which will cost him. £500) because he works from home so must be dodgy

Thinks the advisor will somehow be finding an actor to do the op's voice as they don't think it will be them on the recording (a recording that they haven't yet heard but just assume will be fabricated)

Thinks the advisor is cocky because he has this recording - I bet he does if he has a recording that proves the op's account is untruthful. If they then refer to the fos if this recording exists then they are being spiteful and I too hope they get landed with the bill as I believe anyone who makes malicious complaints should.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So lets see, since posting this the OP has been told:

The OP is a snob

They've brought it all on themselves. I'm all for being helpful and giving advice, but not when the person is acting like a petulant child.
  • OVB
    OVB Posts: 9 Forumite
    I got his letter today and guess what he has rejected my claim and sent a copy of a call and it sounds like me but I have no recolection of this conversation but the salesman pushed me into having it in a sly way as he said I did not have to have it but if I did not and I lost my job and did not pay they would have my house away so he blackmailed me so I am taking it much much further thank you.
  • But he was telling the truth - if you can't pay your mortgage they will repossess your house. Advisors are allowed to disturb and taking insurance is best advice

My husband was told yesterday that he is being made redundant in March from a job he has had for 12 years - no signs of problems but boss was unable to renegotiate the lease on the premises on favourable terms so is closing instead

Fortunately because we have redundancy cover my husband will get his normal salary amount for the next year and with the redundancy pay we don't have to worry about the mortgage for the next 2 and a half years

Am I glad I took that cover
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is the OP for real? Please tell me its a wind up! I'd be much happier knowing it was a troll than to think people like this walk amongst us!
  • OVB wrote: »
    I got his letter today and guess what he has rejected my claim and sent a copy of a call and it sounds like me but I have no recolection of this conversation but the salesman pushed me into having it in a sly way as he said I did not have to have it but if I did not and I lost my job and did not pay they would have my house away so he blackmailed me
    Doesn't matter if you recall the conversation or not, they have the proof.
    Nothing sly about it and it's definitely not blackmail. fgs
    so I am taking it much much further thank you.
    I really hope this whole thread is a wind-up, if not, you've got problems . .

lovinituk wrote: »
    Is the OP for real? Please tell me its a wind up! I'd be much happier knowing it was a troll than to think people like this walk amongst us!
    It really is frightening :eek:
  • OVB wrote: »
    I got his letter today and guess what he has rejected my claim and sent a copy of a call and it sounds like me
    I wonder why that might be.
    but I have no recolection of this conversation
    My diagnosis is amnesia conveniensis (and possibly dyslexia).
    but the salesman pushed me into having it in a sly way as he said I did not have to have it but if I did not and I lost my job and did not pay they would have my house away

The Mortgage Code Compliance Board said, "The importance of this issue cannot be ignored. Customers are to be advised of the options available to safeguard their income and mortgage repayments .....If customers do not wish to take up protection insurance, it is "good practice" to have them sign a disclaimer to that effect."

Until the end of October 2004 that was the then regulator's stance.

What the adviser told you was perfectly true.
    so he blackmailed me
    Says the woman is looking for the adviser to pay for her Christmas or she will cause him to waste a lot of time and incur a fee of £850.
    I am taking it much much further thank you.
    No you are not, you are taking it to FOS.

It sounds like the adviser has a strong case.

Unfortunately, he cannot bill you for the FOS fee. However, he can report you to ActionFraud if he chooses.
  • So lets see, since posting this the OP has been told:

Okay
    Actually, in certain circumstances it is permissible.
    Well I am certainly glad she is not my wife!
    Because the OP has given no reason except that she want the money for Christmas.

If that is the reason, I suggest she sticks her request up her

CHIMNEY:rotfl:
    The OP is a snob
    She is making value judgements on people simply because they work from home. (I am not making a value judgement about this, I realise this is not an option for everybody and some either have to travel to work or are really unable to do so).
    I have not said that but her posts do seem to be consistent with frivolity and vexation
    What would you prefer? "Calm down dear"?
  • My husband was told yesterday that he is being made redundant in March from a job he has had for 12 years - no signs of problems but boss was unable to renegotiate the lease on the premises on favourable terms so is closing instead

Fortunately because we have redundancy cover my husband will get his normal salary amount for the next year and with the redundancy pay we don't have to worry about the mortgage for the next 2 and a half years

Am I glad I took that cover
    Absolutely.

Hopefully he will find an alternative in short order and will not need to claim for the full time he is covered.

When it happened to us, we used most of it to pay down the mortgage but got new jobs and were able to keep the mortgage repayments the same. As a result when it happened again we no longer had a mortgage and were able to take the risk of setting up our own businesses.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport