Calling time on PIP

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    cbrown372 wrote: »
    ...search link may not work, just click on his profile and check thread starts

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=1013571

Ah, now I understand those previous references to andy and flo.

I see what you mean.
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Every little helps.

Even Nanna's soup.:)
  • Tommo1980 wrote: »
    Why on earth would you consider a JCP employee a professional? You would be just as well asking a shelf stacker at Tesco's for help filling in the form.

I didn't ask! The guy rang me up to offer.
    It must then be an age thing. I always believed that civil servants were in the same league as accountants and solicitors. To me all are professionals.
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I never said that I did. But based on my self assessment I see that the DWP giving 0 points is plainly wrong. How else do you want me to word it? Advice on here and other forums tells claimants to look at the descriptors to see which ones apply. That is what I have done.

All I want (like every other claimant) is the right decision first time round.
    Why would the DWP/assessor ignore clear evidence that shows that I have needs? Why do they say that I have no problems using an unadapted bath? Why say that I do not have any difficulties using the toilet? Why say that I can undress/dress without any assistance? When it is as clear as daylight that when Social Services assessed me and the home not only did they offer to put in place carers to come 2/3 times a day, provide a bath lift to get in and out of the bath and provide a toilet frame and seat?
    Do the DWP just assume that as I now have the equipment and get help that all of my difficulties have been resolved?
    Then what about the reports/diagnosis and prognosis that I sent them regarding my mental health functions?
    The answer to those questions is down to how the PIP2 was filled in. It lacks any real information and certainly does not explain that despite the aids and adaptions my life is still difficult. I (like thousands of others) would normally expect that when a professional is brought on board who helps to fill out the form you would expect it to be done better than how the claimant could ever have done.
    I would expect that thousands if not more after having had the form filled in for them would just assume that it is complete and accurate in every respect. How many would then go through what has been written and cross out/improve/revise the contents?
    To be given 0 points when it is beyond clear that I still have these problems confuses me.

As I have said before I am not fighting this for the money, that is unimportant and not needed. What I am fighting it for is that I want a decision that actually takes into account all of my difficulties. I honestly don't care if I am one point under both care and mobility elements just as long as the decision is correct.

So presumably you have all this help at the office?

I am also confused that someone at the JCP offered to fill in your forms, as this is a role they will not do.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2017 at 3:48PM
    tomtom256 wrote: »

I am also confused that someone at the JCP offered to fill in your forms, as this is a role they will not do.

Tomtom256

A little while back Rockingbilly said this

"Without quoting chapter and verse. I have one report dated 2014 when tested for Dementia that clearly states that I have great difficulties in coping and understanding new information, and sequencing as well as showing a noticeable loss of functional & analytical skills.. I have memory loss which is confirmed with a diagnosis of Dementia caused either by vascular problems (most likely) or alcoholism (unlikely) which is being treated"

It's very sad - both for Rockingbilly and his wife. My father had much the same diagnosis and I know how confused he became

Perhaps this accounts for the contradictions/confusions in rockingbilly's posts. As I said earlier I hope he doesn't give advice/information to other forum users because it could cause real problems for them .
  • tomtom256 wrote: »

What office?

well that is your choice to make. I can assure you that the guy rang me up from the local Jobcentre (following a referral from PIP) to fill the PIP2 form in for me.
    Presumably this was because of what I said on the telephone in completing the PIP1 that I needed help and had no one to turn to.
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2017 at 4:26PM
    NeilCr wrote: »
    Tomtom256

A little while back Rockingbilly said this

"Without quoting chapter and verse. I have one report dated 2014 when tested for Dementia that clearly states that I have great difficulties in coping and understanding new information, and sequencing as well as showing a noticeable loss of functional & analytical skills.. I have memory loss which is confirmed with a diagnosis of Dementia caused either by vascular problems (most likely) or alcoholism (unlikely) which is being treated"

You feel sad, how do you think I feel?
    I still can't get into my head why the assessor/DWP took no notice of that particular report - it couldn't have been anymore clear and concise.
    And the report from the Pain Clinic that went into extreme detail as to what the scans/xrays showed as being wrong with my spine indicating the particular part of the back that is damaged. They prescribed that I continue with the Morphine 100mg twice a day and increased the Pregablin from 100mg twice a day to 150mg twice a day. That report could not have been anymore clear but was ignored..

Mind you very little about both of those two aspects was described on the PIP2 from what I have now seen. In fact the form suggests that I don't have any particular problems with mental health or the back injury.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2017 at 4:51PM
    You feel sad, how do you think I feel?
    I still can't get into my head why the assessor/DWP took no notice of that particular report - it couldn't have been anymore clear and concise.
    And the report from the Pain Clinic that went into extreme detail as to what the scans/xrays showed as being wrong with my spine indicating the particular part of the back that is damaged. They prescribed that I continue with the Morphine 100mg twice a day and increased the Pregablin from 100mg twice a day to 150mg twice a day. That report could not have been anymore clear but was ignored..

Mind you very little about both of those two aspects was described on the PIP2 from what I have now seen. In fact the form suggests that I don't have any particular problems with mental health or the back injury.

Trouble is because of your diagnosis I have no idea of just how real anything you post is. So this post could be a mixture of confusion and problems with your memory. That's why I don't think you should post any advice/information as no-one (including you) will know if it is true or real

I know what it was like for my stepmother so am well aware of what I am talking about

Please don't post advice on here
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Rockingbilly, with the greatest respect please listen to NeilCr,. you're dominating at least two fora where people are posting asking for advice and they and anyone who tries to help them are instead receiving diatribes from you. When you're calm you try to advise, whilst admitting in this and other threads you don't understand this stuff.

You're very clearly, and by your own admission, confused and stressed, and confabulating (making things up to fill the gaps, something very common in your conditions). Try to remember other people come here for help too. Please.
  • NeilCr wrote: »
    Trouble is because of your diagnosis I have no idea of just how real anything you post is. So this post could be a mixture of confusion and problems with your memory. That's why I don't think you should post any advice/information as no-one (including you) will know if it is true or real

I know what it was like for my stepmother so am well aware of what I am talking about

Please don't post advice on here

That last post of mine wasn't giving advice it was actually asking a question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure