iPhone 7 Plus - Carphone Warehouse still have no stock?

Comments

• Anthorn wrote: »
    I don't believe that Argos would lock any phone which is sold as unlocked sim-free. But if they did would't everyone take it back? I would!
    Believe what you like, but Argos themselves state that their iPhones lock to the network of the first SIM inserted. Look on the Argos web site for iPhone and FAQ.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Believe what you like, but Argos themselves state that their iPhones lock to the network of the first SIM inserted. Look on the Argos web site for iPhone and FAQ.

Please post the link. Thank you.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 October 2016 at 1:01PM
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    This is what they state (in a Q&A for the same iPhone), e.g.:
    I can confirm that as this iPhone is SIM free, it will accept any network SIM card. However, please note that this will lock to the first network you use.

Thanks for using Argos Q&A.
    Hi Angel, thank you for your question. I can confirm that Sim Free Apple iPhone 6S 16GB Mobile Phone will not lock to the first sim inserted into the handset will be open to any network all the time. Thanks for using Argos Q&A.
    So clearly Argos have no clue.
  • Anthorn
    edited 13 October 2016 at 1:31PM
    Confusion reigns supreme :)

mePhone locks itself to the first sim inserted under the automatic Find My iPhone feature. Here it is in the mePhone User Guide:
    Note: Find My iPhone—a feature you use to locate your iPhone—is turned on automatically when you sign in with your Apple ID during iPhone setup. See Find My iPhone. Find My iPhone includes a feature called Activation Lock that prevents anyone else from activating and using your iPhone, even if it’s completely erased. Before you sell or give away your device, you should erase and unlock iPhone so that the next owner can activate it.
    http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/

It's not Argos doing it ROFL. It applies to any retailer anywhere in the world including apple.com.
  • Anthorn wrote: »

mePhone locks itself to the first sim inserted under the automatic Find My iPhone feature. Here it is in the mePhone User Guide:

It's not Argos doing it ROFL.

That has nothing to do with network lock...
  • Anthorn
    That has nothing to do with network lock...

Oh please ROFL. I'm getting tummy ache now from too much laughing. The phone locks automatically. Until you log into your apple account and unlock it any other sim on any network won't work. ROFL. It's the mePhone doing it itself ROFL.
  • There's a lot of confusion on this thread...

There are two distinct iPhone types, those subsidised by a network which lock to the network of the first SIM inserted and usually sold by the network shops and CPW. And those sold by Apple Stores that are fully SIM free and that will not lock to any network.

Argos have clearly stated (rightly or wrongly) in reply to questions posted on their own site, that their own iPhones network lock. Car Phone Warehouse also state the same on their site.

The iOS security feature locks the user interface on the phone when the phone is reset or powered up, and doesn't open that interface or decrypt user content on the phone, until the user inputs their PIN/password. The phone can also be locked/erased using the "Find my iPhone" feature. When so locked, an iPhone cannot be used with any SIM (not even the original one). This has absolutely nothing to do with the phone being a network locked/network subsidised phone.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Anthorn wrote: »

It's not Argos doing it ROFL. It applies to any retailer anywhere in the world including apple.com.
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Oh please ROFL. I'm getting tummy ache now from too much laughing. The phone locks automatically. Until you log into your apple account and unlock it any other sim on any network won't work. ROFL. It's the mePhone doing it itself ROFL.

You really are showing some ignorance, the activation lock is a completely separate feature to the network lock.

If you enable the activation lock it will require you to enter your Apple ID details even to use another sim card from the same network.

Also, what it the ridiculous childishness of "mePhone" all about? You're trying to argue a point about the phone and don't even know what it's called?
    ====
  • Double_V
    Double_V Posts: 912 Forumite
    I brought brand new 6s a week before iPhone 7 launched.
    Only because my old one completely died. :(

Have you tried Argos ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family