YouGov Payment Problem?

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    katykicker wrote: »
    Just an update on the ban I encountered...

I sent a VERY rude email about how I clearly know my own gender and basic demographic details... It took 5 weeks but then I had a reply that said 'Thanks for confirming your details, we have now activated your account.'

I'm now back into the surveys, so perhaps it was a genuine error on their part?

Coincidentally the same has just happened to me !

What still concerns me, though - how come they feel they have the right to arbitrarily close your account, due to what turns out to be an error on their part, without even notifying us ? Had we not queried the lack of surveys we'd have been unaware that our accounts had been closed. On another survey site, many years ago, I got a mail saying something like "We've noticed you gave an inconsistent answer, please be more careful in future otherwise we'll close your account". That's fair enough, but YouGov's approach seems rather draconian !
  • Hi,

I requested payment 3 weeks ago and have still heard nothing to emails and twitter.

Why does it take so long if they pay you via bacs, payments are instant from my bank account.

Any suggestions!?:mad:
  • djslapper wrote: »
    Hi,

I requested payment 3 weeks ago and have still heard nothing to emails and twitter.

Why does it take so long if they pay you via bacs, payments are instant from my bank account.

Any suggestions!?:mad:

I don't know. Maybe they do checks on your account and info to make sure you have done everything correctly.
    My last payment from YouGov took 4 weeks to go into my Bank Account.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    They do the payment runs once a month, so if you redeem after that month's run has been done then you are waiting a month to be paid.
  • Never realised this existed assumed they were street polls whenever I heard You Gov mentioned, many thanks for this!
  • TSC1
    TSC1 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Hi I realise the thread isn't live but thought I would post anyway.

I've been a Yougov panel member for years and have been getting surveys about 1-2 a month. I am now nearing 5000 points and the survey invites have stopped dead. I have contacted them politely and get a "we'll look into this for you" response then no follow up.

I'm guessing the focus on panel recruitment and try to minimise the number of people that can actually get a payout.

If you are thinking of joining the YouGov panel, I would advise you to avoid them and join another panel instead. Reading this thread, some people clearly have been paid but you could end up like me having spent years completing surveys only to hit a complete wall of silence just before payout.
  • TSC1 wrote: »
    Hi I realise the thread isn't live but thought I would post anyway.

I've been a Yougov panel member for years and have been getting surveys about 1-2 a month. I am now nearing 5000 points and the survey invites have stopped dead. I have contacted them politely and get a "we'll look into this for you" response then no follow up.

I'm guessing the focus on panel recruitment and try to minimise the number of people that can actually get a payout.

If you are thinking of joining the YouGov panel, I would advise you to avoid them and join another panel instead. Reading this thread, some people clearly have been paid but you could end up like me having spent years completing surveys only to hit a complete wall of silence just before payout.

I finally reached the £50 payout last week - after years of trying (I gave up for a while in the middle). It did seem to slow down just as I got there but it might just be the time of year - there were lots of surveys around the time of the referendum.

You could try going to the site and just filling in some of the day's questions. I often get a survey pop up just after I've done this.
  • I've had one payout, nearly at another then surveys stopped about 18mths ago
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've not had one survey since my last payout 6 months ago.
  • I still get regular YouGov surveys. Just had another one today. Cashed in £50 a couple of months ago and am now up to £17. Touchwood still reliable for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure