PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I've always found d in a dire emergency paraquat sandwiches go down a treat. The effects are permanent!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've polished my headwear ( colander ) so much, that it will shine in the eyes of the enemy and blind them for long enough, so that those persons of a more ruthless disposition can make their attack unseen. However do not attack until you can see the whites of their eyes, or is that for horses ? And please do not give the paraquat sandwiches to any animal, horse or elephant or you may have a visit from the powers that be. Tip of the day... Zombies will only eat said sandwiches wrapped in a raw meat burger, not a veggie one :rotfl::rotfl:.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Nannywindow :rotfl::rotfl:

IMG_4760.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Whispering...... well I am sitting here, looking all innocent and angelic, pretending that the weekly shop cost £54.96. In fact half the bill was for 5 garments in the Sainsbobs clothing sale :D
    Don't tell the MK tidying thread though :rotfl: I am decluttering, honest, I am!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 August 2017 at 8:17PM
    Hi just a quick one from me falling behind on the reading.
    Congrats to both Fuddle and Nursemaggies DS
    More hugs to Burtha things will start to get better promise
    Good luck to Ivyleaf on your forthcoming op.
    Will try and keep more up to date from now on.
    Welcome to our "newbie" Crystal look forward getting to know just how loopy you are ( I believe you will be a good fit as you have read the thread and STILL want to join so great hopes for you)
    Hope everyone else is keeping well xx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Whispering...... well I am sitting here, looking all innocent and angelic, pretending that the weekly shop cost £54.96. In fact half the bill was for 5 garments in the Sainsbobs clothing sale :D
    Don't tell the MK tidying thread though :rotfl: I am decluttering, honest, I am!

:rotfl: I sometimes do that with the housekeeping - if the clothes are too expensive I just sneak one or two things through :D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Islandmaid Sorry that's not me. Who on earth would wear a gold scarf whilst on manoeuvres ? It has to be midnight blue or nothing and the bungee cords are just plain wrong ! :D
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Islandmaid, my colander has a proper chin strap & sits straighter than that ;):D
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Islandmaid Sorry that's not me. Who on earth would wear a gold scarf whilst on manoeuvres ? It has to be midnight blue or nothing and the bungee cords are just plain wrong ! :D
    I think it is a choice Nanny, either gold scarf or rolled up trouser leg as ID. I always carry a scarf in my bag in case I feel too wobbly to roll up clothing!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Welcome to the Garden Fence, Chrystal. Other garden fences have old ladies leaning over them and having weird conversations ("Ooh! He never!" " He did all right! And then, she turned round and said...") or old blokes yacking on about fishing, football or the curry they had last night.

This Garden Fence is like no other. The conversation is eclectic and unpredictable, covering all subjects you can imagine, and others you dare not even think of. Then once in a while someone asks for help or opens up about a problem, then whoosh! The gang has swooped in with offers of virtual tea, hugs and jelly babies. Never a dull moment here!
    One life - your life - live it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure