Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 January 2016 at 2:35PM
    Sainsburys Closing Mobile Network

Sainsburys was I think 8p per minute pay-as-you-go with no bundles.

They shut mid January. They were on VODAPHONE network which is about all we can get in a rural location.

Switching to VODAPHONE with no bundles takes you up to 35p per minute.

Does anyone know what the best deal is on a VODAPHONE network (antenna) for occasional users?

TALK MOBILE Happy Hour

10p connection charge for UK calls ( 01/02/03 and UK Mobile )then the rest of the call is FREE up to 60 minutes;

8p per minute after that.

4p for UK texts

2p per MB of UK data

Voicemail 8p.

Minimum top up £5. Must use the Service every 180 days. Using the Service means making a chargeable outbound call (but not calls to 5888), sending a chargeable SMS, using data or topping up your account.

Runs over Vodafone. Now owned by Vodafone.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    anyone got any tips to get a good EE Retentions deal? In not being offered any better than £21 a month 10gb data
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Check CPW upgrades and quidco/tcb, then Vote With Your Feet.

Best deals are for new customers nowadays. Loyalty counts for nothing.
  • Loyalty does count! Just got an excellent retention deal from Vodafone! Was going to leave and join Life mobile as found a great £10 a month sim only deal (500 mins, 5000 texts and 1GB 3G data). Called Vodafone and they asked why I was leaving and they offered the following for £10.20 a month: Unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of 4G data, how could I say no, I'm sticking! Very impressed! This is going to save me over £400 a year on what I was paying with my handset contract, am a very happy bunny
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Loyalty does count! Just got an excellent retention deal from Vodafone! Was going to leave and join Life mobile as found a great £10 a month sim only deal (500 mins, 5000 texts and 1GB 3G data). Called Vodafone and they asked why I was leaving and they offered the following for £10.20 a month: Unlimited calls and texts and 2GB of 4G data, how could I say no, I'm sticking! Very impressed! This is going to save me over £400 a year on what I was paying with my handset contract, am a very happy bunny

Vodafone customers are complaining and leaving in droves, hence why its the only network offering excellent deals to retain customers, the wholesale market termination rate is so low excellent retention deals are not to be found in general.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 January 2016 at 10:28AM
    Vodafone will soon have to give everything away for free to keep their customers sick and tired of their incompetence.

Also, wait a little. What you actually get is often not the same as what they offer/promise.
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    shaggy wrote: »
    anyone got any tips to get a good EE Retentions deal? In not being offered any better than £21 a month 10gb data

Unlimited with 10GB a month is a good deal with EE, no doubt that includes EU roaming and double speed 4G.

If data abroad is more important IDmobile do 2000m 5000txt 10GB for £25, but on a 12 monther sim.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • I'm willing to take the risk but thanks anyway :-)
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm willing to take the risk but thanks anyway :-)

Most would, forth bitten once shy for me, like a bad ex I would never be in contract again ;)

Hope grumbler is wrong, but given my own experiences and internet he may well be right, 50/50 odds now, enjoy your bargain :)
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    diamonds wrote: »
    Unlimited with 10GB a month is a good deal with EE, no doubt that includes EU roaming and double speed 4G.

If data abroad is more important IDmobile do 2000m 5000txt 10GB for £25, but on a 12 monther sim.

Some members on HUKD claim to have been offered 18gb data and unlimited everything else for £15.99

I'm kicking myself for letting go of Three's all you can eat. Although I use no more than around 3-5gb most months it's good to know unlimited is there

I might just move to a cheap iD mobile £5 per month and use those 100gb EE deals if I feel I might need it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure