Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thanks cjj, I know we have had this conversation before quite a while ago now and I am still no closer to resolving it.

I saw a job advertised in a shop window the other day, something I thought I could do, but I couldn't bring myself to ask about it yet I will talk to anyone and anybody who will listen to me anywhere else. :eek:

What about some voluntary work in a charity shop, to 'find your feet' for a bit??
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    pippo wrote: »
    When he is assessed he could have carers coming into his own home.

He has been assessed but not correctly and they did sort it out but not enough , he falls at least once week and really not safe on his own
    Dont really know why im worried as nothing to do with me bu they became friends and dont want to se him come to harm
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    I haven't worked for 19 years now. :eek:

I think that's what I need something I feel in control over, my terms....

19 years....... no wonder you are taking tentative steps.

If money is not needed, take your time and make your choices wisely. Could you re-train? i.e. Learn acrylic nails, then you can do this from home and work when you want to do.

If OH is being a pain.......(all men are) bill him for all the work you do in the house, and as his personal slave and the money you save him... he will soon shut up!

Think about your ambition, it does not have to be work related... and go for it... everything is else is superficial!
    x
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you get the weekend free?
    Can you use your wages to sort the building site out?
    I would set yourself a goal of seeing how things are in 12 months, and then make decisions. x

We get some weekends free, but a lot of them have been busy recently, seeing family and doing boring-but-necessary things like mortgage meetings. Even then, hubby spends every free minute trying to work on his project as he really wants to run his own business next year. And he also really wants to do up the house himself, he'd feel really disappointed if I/we paid someone, but it might have to happen at this rate.

This job was supposed to be 6 months to build my skills and move onwards, but I'm not sure whether that'll be enough for a new employer, not to mention whether I can stand another 4 months there :eek:
    I think it doesn't help that I used to be home by 4.50 as I started at 8, whereas now I'm driving further and not getting home til 6.30 fairly often, it feels so much later even though it's not really.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Arthien wrote: »
    Evening all!

I've just been doing some cleaning out of my kitchen cupboards and I've decided to recycle a large bag which used to contain Maltesers...

Feeling a bit fed up at the moment, my relatively new job isn't going as well as I'd hoped, to the point that I've considered walking out a few times recently. It's not helping that I'm feeling like I've got so little evening time to do anything. I'm basically commuting, working, more commuting, cooking tea, unloading/reloading the dishwasher, going for an evening walk with DH, doing laundry then going to bed :(

Our house DIY project has also stalled as DH is working hard on a new potential money-making computer programme. I shouldn't complain as he can't do everything, but living in a building site isn't fun after 3 years. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for the fun bit of life to start, and it's not happening!

Apologies for the moan, just one of those evenings.

I dont know how much of a building site, your building site is, but if it is every room, could you make loads of effort over the next few weekends to get just one room done, so that at least you have an oasis from all the building work, where you can both relax?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Thanks cjj, I know we have had this conversation before quite a while ago now and I am still no closer to resolving it.

I saw a job advertised in a shop window the other day, something I thought I could do, but I couldn't bring myself to ask about it yet I will talk to anyone and anybody who will listen to me anywhere else. :eek:

What was the job Tiny ? Do you feel you would enjoy doing it xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    davemorton wrote: »
    I dont know how much of a building site, your building site is, but if it is every room, could you make loads of effort over the next few weekends to get just one room done, so that at least you have an oasis from all the building work, where you can both relax?

Yes it's every room. The spare room is probably the closest to being done, but there's always an issue. We nearly finished the downstairs loo (start small! :o) and then the ceiling paint peeled off as DH removed the masking tape from the newly painted walls...

I'm hoping the prospect of having parents to stay for Christmas will be enough to spur him/us into getting at least a couple of rooms finished. My mum will definitely have a hairy fit if she has to use the downstairs loo in the night :rotfl:
  • davemorton
    Update on the wine TM.
    It isnt the best. It is okay for £3.15 a bottle, but I would not pay much more than that.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite

Market research?
    OMG :eek: Don't need another kid :rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously though, so far since the kids left home we have moved DD twice already, this is the third, and DS twice.

And we are going on a 4 hour drive this time, get back Friday, then have the weekend to do a few bits, then we have a wedding to go to on Monday, staying overnight and back on Tuesday, so it is a bit of a whirl at the moment! Somehow I need to fit in some washing too.

That is a good point, we always moved DS2... why the heck he couldn't get himself organised and moved I have no idea.

Where are they moving to?
  • davemorton
    Arthien wrote: »
    Yes it's every room. The spare room is probably the closest to being done, but there's always an issue. We nearly finished the downstairs loo (start small! :o) and then the ceiling paint peeled off as DH removed the masking tape from the newly painted walls...

I'm hoping the prospect of having parents to stay for Christmas will be enough to spur him/us into getting at least a couple of rooms finished. My mum will definitely have a hairy fit if she has to use the downstairs loo in the night :rotfl:

:) There you go then. Living room and loo finished by Christmas, its not too long to wait.
    If 2 of you go at it, a room can be painted in a day/max 2 days, so just the plastering etc to do then its plain sailing :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family