Tevion 32" LCD TV

Options
True High Definition 1080 £349 in Aldi. LCD panel is made by Samsung. Seems cheap to me, 3 year warranty as well.
Mortgage free
Vocational freedom has arrived

Comments

• brad
    brad Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    Its an ok deal nothing special lots around this price now. Try ebuyer etc
  • HaroldHamsun
    Options
    brad wrote: »

Some people prefer buying from a shop, knowing they'll actually get the item in their hand as soon as they've paid.
    Also having somewhere to return it to if it goes wrong is a bonus.

I'm always reluctant about ordering big stuff from certain online companies with less than perfect reputations...
  • SweetPea73
    Options
    Dont do it, my friend bought one in Dec, it lasted 42 days!!! he had terrible trouble getting a refund from Aldi

xx
    I have started entering competitions, lets see If I can win
    :rotfl:
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I bought a 40" (720p) in Sept 06, still going strong & I've still got another 20 months of guarantee.

NB - you can only take it back to Aldi in first 30 days (used to be 12 months) but its still covered for repair/ replacment for 3 years.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • Mike_J
    Mike_J Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aldi usually very good wqith after sales. One friend has had super aftersales on computer and when uncles TV broke after 10 months, the manger at the shop said "we can eother get you one in, give you a refund or we have this one in thats better than yours and I'll do you a straight swap"
  • L.S.D.
    L.S.D. Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought the Tevion 28" LCD 3½ years ago & a 32" Tevion LCD 3 years ago. Both faultless, both have Samsung panels & both are as good a picture as the latest TVs. I bought a 40" Samsung this Christmas & the picture with SD transmission was poor, so it went back & old faithfull 32" LCD was back in favour with perfect SD transmission.
    Nice to save.
  • sallysaver
    Options
    As I am a complete novice as regards TV's, computers, psp 's etc. would any of the experts on this forum give this Tevion 32" the thumbs up. Sometimes I just think things are 'too good to be true' and as this comes with a three year warrenty (usually about £89) it seems to be either cheap or real good value! Thanks in advance - sally
  • Frugal_Moose
    Options
    Is this on sale now? I just checked Aldi website and there was no (obvious) mention of it.
    Ta
  • weegie.geek
    weegie.geek Posts: 3,432 Forumite
    Options
    brad wrote: »

It's a very nice deal if it's actually trueHD, 1080p like the OP claims it is.
    True High Definition 1080 £349 in Aldi. LCD panel is made by Samsung. Seems cheap to me, 3 year warranty as well.

I've got my doubts about it though, because it's very cheap for a 1080p set, and the Medion/Tevion website doesn't mention any 1080p models.
    They say it's genetic, they say he can't help it, they say you can catch it - but sometimes you're born with it
  • sallysaver
    Options
    It will be on sale on Thursday 7/02 according to their latest leaflet but I am registered for their emails and strangely enough Thursdays hasn't arrived yet and its usually waiting in my inbox on a Monday morning. It looks good but like the saying goes, looks ain't everything. I'm off to the Tevion web site to read the double dutch! Sally
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure