Boots Sale

Comments

• kerri_gt wrote: »
    I think I love the guessing more than the sale itself :rotfl:

Me too :rotfl:
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    to be honest, if i can do a middle-of-the-night online shop on 70% off morning, I may not even bother going into a store this year (what am I saying :eek::eek:?). My DD and older niece are pretty much young women now, and particular with what they like skincare/toiletries/cosmetics wise. I only have one little niece to buy for, not sure I can be bothered (but its like an itch, it will probably need to be scratched, even if its just the one store before work on whichever date it ends up being ;)). No doubt I will be hovering in the Boots 70% off thread when it starts up fellow Bootsers!
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Tbh wondering if to bother this year (though know I'll prob give in and go!). If you're there at the right time you can pick up better bargains than the Boots 70% day in other shops; I picked up the Lulu Guinness Vaseline lips tin at 50% off for £2.00 in Wilko y'day; whereas on 70% day in Boots it would be £2.10, they had lots of Lynx l, Nivea & Impulse sets that would probably work out cheaper too! I got a gorgeous reed diffuser in TKMaxx before Christmas which my Mum loved and it was only £4.99; in Boots they're about £14.00 and nowhere near as nice!
    Waitrose have some great bargains if you're there at the right time and alot of quality brands included too. Sainsbury's also did their reductions with some good bargains to be had though alot of it was heavily reduced before Christmas like M&S did... Just seems to be Boots that keep us hanging on whereas other store seem to reduce theirs earlier and earlier.
    I know a lot of people are keen on Boots for the brands such as FCUK, Ted Baker,S&G etc but I think my family must be getting sick of it all by now, lol, although I do usually just give them as extras and make sure they have something different too.

I did pick up a Laura Ashley advent calendar and Yankee Candle gold bag at 50% from Boot.com I'll have to see if my larger local has anything worth having thou in general I wasn't as struck by the range this year no Orla Kiely or decent Fat Face women's gifts.
  • Desperado99
    Desperado99 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I had a brief look through the website a couple of days ago but nothing is particularly standing out for me this year (although the parents do love their big champneys/sanctuary sets so naturally I will be going ;) ). Also the nieces are growing up and getting much more discerning about brands etc so it's much more of a minefield than in previous years. I'll get a better idea in the next week or so when I'll go and have a snoop around and see what they have in store.

I'd prefer it not to be the 19th, purely selfish as I really don't want it to land on my birthday :o
  • The larger 'Flagship' stores have offsite warehousing that store the Christmas lines for distribution to the one store they serve.

These include, Metro Centre Gateshead, Meadowhall, Sheffield, Trafford, Manchester and the large London sites such as Lakeside, Thurrock.

The offsite warehouse I worked at for over 10 years always had plenty of stock right up to the 70% (used to be 75%) sale. We weren't told until the morning of the sale, but had to take everything out of outer boxes and store it in cages from Boxing Day onward.

The Burton on Trent central distribution centre is emptied quickly after Christmas as they need to get rid of the agency employees to save money.

From 2015 to 2016 the big S&G gift set did not sell out, in fact most of the big star gifts did not sell out. I think customers just got bored of the same thing every year.

I think Boots needs to have a serious think about their Christmas sales strategy. They're being undercut by every supermarket and discount retailer. B&M, Home Bargains, Wilko, ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's all sold pretty much the same stuff cheaper.

They lost 10% of their profits by converting to a US company due to the Brexit GB Pound currency fluctuation against the US Dollar.

Walgreens Boots Aliiance are already closing loss making Walgreens stores in the USA, I suspect they'll do the same with loss making Boots stores in the UK when this is completed.

The pharmacy side of the business has been hit by greater regulation and more scrutiny by the NHS over prescriptions.

They need to decide if they want to go high end or budget. I can't see how they can do both.
  • Sale2018
    Sale2018 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys. How do I upload a picture on here. The 70% signs have gone up in my local boots on the shelves but no items placed on the shelves as yet.
  • Sale2018
    Just realised unable to post a picture as I'm a new user
  • Sale2018
    Still 50%.:mad:
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,148 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sale2018 wrote: »
    Hi guys. How do I upload a picture on here. The 70% signs have gone up in my local boots on the shelves but no items placed on the shelves as yet.
    The 70% signs are on the back of the 50% signs, just switched over on the day of the sale. I suspect you've seen the back of the posters.
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Spendless wrote: »
    The 70% signs are on the back of the 50% signs, just switched over on the day of the sale. I suspect you've seen the back of the posters.

My thoughts too!
    Bit early for Boots yet, even though most other retailers are on their final clearance, Boots like to keep us waiting :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure