ThelittleladyandI

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would say if you aren't putting yourself in to more debt for the photos then go for it !
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Does the cost include printed framed photographs?
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Singlemumwithplans
    Options
    I wouldn't be putting myself in more debt but I suppose that money could go towards paying some off.......

No, it's a DVD of images.

The only thing is since all the wedding, engagement and happy family photos came down, the house is looking a little bare....

Going to mull it over for a little while longer....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For the moment why not find some photos on your phone , camera etc have some printed and then get one of the frames that holds about 8/10 photos and put your favourite ones in. It will make you happy and cost a whole lot less !
  • Singlemumwithplans
    Options
    Thanks Cumbria lass, I like that idea a lot!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I wouldn't spend £125 on photos if I was in debt especially as your daughter is still very young and there will be lots of opportunities for photo shoots when hopefully your finances are in better shape. Print up some photos you have taken yourself and get them framed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey lovely, just read your diary, well done on the NSDs, you're doing great with your budgeting!
  • Savertobe
    Savertobe Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Good to get your finances sorted for you and your husband so you can both move forwards. Get that all shipshape then consider the photos but it is expensive - have a go at taking some of the similar type yourself.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon SMWP,

Just came across your diary and caught up with it. You are doing so well, keep it up.

Re the photos you can sometimes get decent canvas photos done online or through T3sco for a reasonable price. Another little idea which we did was used an old canvas and then put our handprints onto it. Maybe you could do something similar with DD's hand and foot prints?

xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Singlemumwithplans
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, I have indeed decided to put the photos on the back burner until finances are in better shape. I'm thinking I might use it as a reward for paying off one of the debts! Think it will be easier to keep going with no spend days and budgeting if there are rewards along the way!

So there was no to do list yesterday as I had a day out with a friend. A bit of lunch (I paid, but she has been amazing and deserves a treat) and an evening BBQ. Had a lovely time and did well not to spend too much out shopping. Just a bottle of wine as a gift for the host and parking. Not too bad and I don't get the opportunity to do it very often so worth it. My friend drove so I still have half a tank of petrol. I cannot believe this! It just goes to show how much you can save if you are mindful of where you are driving!

Today I nipped to Tesco to grab a few bits and picked up some dividers in the 'back to school' section. So today's job is to organise all the household bills into one file with up to date info in it. Since writing my list of outgoings I have realised that a few things were paid for the year (car tax and tv license) so I defintely need an account with money in for these when they come up for renewal as wel as for heating oil.

I have found that I am spending so much less on food since my ex left. It's just silly things like I'm quite happy with a frozen pizza on offer whilst he would always want a fresh one with a fancy topping. Every cloud and all that......

So Saturday to do list
    1. Organise file of outgoings
    2. Make payment to cc
    3. Pay the mortgage
    4. Do one load of laundry
    5. Walk doggy

Here we go....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing