PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• claire95
    claire95 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    hi all

waiting for my figures from HSBC they said up to 4 weeks, that was 11 days ago i know im being impatiant, my poor postman nearly has his hand pulled through the letterbox every day as i snatch the post as it comes through,think i will be paying out whatever i get to royal mail in damages lol
    :A:beer::A
  • Jammers20
    Jammers20 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I've only just got around to opening the post and I have a cheque from Egg for £862 for PPI insurance I had been mis-sold back in 2003.

I am delighted and would like to thank Di especially who helped me with the process.

I first competed a SAR and picked out the key information - I had in fact signed an agreement that included PPi but they had a record that I called to cancel the insurance a few days later - a call where I was pressurised into keeping the insurance.

Egg took less than a month to settle
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LAURA77 wrote: »
    Hi

I've been paid without receiving any acceptance letter. I was reading the above post and thought I'd check my old barclays account that I don't use anymore to see if they had put it in there and there it was, I can't believe it nearly £6,000 soooooo happy!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

So it's worth checking old accounts if u bank with somebody different now.
    well done laura77, nice result:D
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    eurobell wrote: »
    have today got credit card statement with my ppi success winning taken off the balance only £1,000 left to pay.Feel gutted as i would have liked some back in my bank to go and visit my sister in oz next year as its my 50th birthday year not going to happen now.:(:cry:

As long as you were up to date with the payments you can ask for a cheque, they take any arrears off though.
    Not the first time this as happened, and people have had their credit limit reduced after.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    MARKOS72 wrote: »
    Basicaly,I never received any face to face advice as it was all done by post,and none of the benefits or otherwise were explained to me,neither were any alternatives.I receive full pay for 6 months if off sock so it may have been unsuitable for me.

I would go back to them and say that you don't think that they adhered to the FSA Handbook and quote the following.

"3.3.5 G The [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm [/FONT]should not reject a complainant’s account of events solely on the basis
    that the complainant signed documentation relevant to the purchase of the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy[/FONT]."

"3.3.6 G The [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm [/FONT]should not reject a [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]complaint [/FONT]because the complainant failed to exercise
    the right to cancel the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy[/FONT]."

"3.3.11 G The [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm should consider in all situations whether it communicated information
    to the complainant in a way that was fair, clear and not misleading and with due
    regard to the complainant’s information needs."

"3.6.2 E In the absence of evidence to the contrary, the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm should presume that the
    complainant would not have bought the
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]payment protection contract [/FONT]he bought if
    the sale was substantially flawed, for example where the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm[/FONT]
    (2) did not disclose to the complainant, in good time before the sale was
    concluded, and in a way that was fair, clear and not misleading, that the
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]
    policy was optional; or
    (3) made the sale without the complainant’s explicit agreement to purchase
    the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy[/FONT]; or
    (4) did not disclose to the complainant, in good time before the sale was
    concluded, and in a way that was fair, clear and not misleading, the
    significant exclusions and limitations, i.e. those that would tend to affect
    the decisions of [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]customers generally to buy the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy[/FONT]; or
    (6) did not take reasonable steps to ensure the complainant only bought a
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy for which he was eligible to claim benefits; or
    (8) did not disclose to the complainant, in good time before the sale was
    concluded, and in a way that was fair, clear and not misleading, the total
    (not just monthly) cost of the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy separately from any other prices (or
    the basis for calculating it so that the complainant could verify it); or
    (9) recommended a single premium [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]payment protection contract without
    taking reasonable steps, where the
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy [/FONT]did not have a pro-rata refund,
    to establish whether there was a prospect that the complainant would
    repay or refinance the loan before the end of the term; or
    (12) in a sale of a single premium [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]payment protection contract, failed to
    disclose to the complainant, in good time before the sale was concluded,
    and in a way that was fair, clear and not misleading:
    (a) that the premium would be added to the amount provided under the
    credit agreement, that interest would be payable on the premium
    and the amount of that interest; or
    (c) (if applicable) that the complainant would not receive a pro-rata
    refund if the complainant were to repay or refinance the loan or
    otherwise cancel the single premium [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy after the cooling-off
    period."

Have a read through these and see if they mean anything to your claim and if they do I'd email the ppi customer service team, and copy the CEO David Thorburn into it.

The email addresses are
    [EMAIL="AQU.PPI@eu.nabgroup.com"]AQU.PPI@eu.nabgroup.com[/EMAIL] for the cust svcs team

and

[EMAIL="David.Thorburn@eu.nabgroup.com"]David.Thorburn@eu.nabgroup.com[/EMAIL] for the ceo

You might find the reply from the customer services a normal one but the ceo's office should send you a seperate reply, I sent mine's last Friday, for reply from CS at 9.15am on Monday, and from manager at 8.30pm the same day, completely different replies as well.

I done this last week and it was passed on to a senior manager at the ppi to deal with, got a call to say an offer was in the post.

If there is anything else you can think about in your mis-sale add that too to the email, was the box already ticked? Was there supporting media(leaflets etc to tell you about exclusions etc).

Clydesdale refused our complaint a couple of years ago and I waited till after the JR, discovered we hadn't used medical condition as a reason for the mis-sale which the OH has and seems to have been succesful.

Good luck and keep us posted, would like to see more complaints upheld against Clydesdale/Yorkshire bank.:D
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

• smitchy73
    Options
    eurobell wrote: »
    have today got credit card statement with my ppi success winning taken off the balance only £1,000 left to pay.Feel gutted as i would have liked some back in my bank to go and visit my sister in oz next year as its my 50th birthday year not going to happen now.:(:cry:

How much was repaid to you in your redress and which bank/credit card, good result, but remember even though they paid it to your credit card balance you don't have that debt hanging over you, you can then use the same payment you were making and clear you're card quicker, then once this has done you can save for your flight to see your sister.:D OH and don't forget the high interest rate on your CC-maybe 20-29%:mad:
  • smitchy73
    Options
    claire95 wrote: »
    hi all

waiting for my figures from HSBC they said up to 4 weeks, that was 11 days ago i know im being impatiant, my poor postman nearly has his hand pulled through the letterbox every day as i snatch the post as it comes through,think i will be paying out whatever i get to royal mail in damages lol
    Hate to break the bad news claire95 they've been given extra time from the FSA/FOS to allow 8 weeks to work out and pay the calculations of redress, just need to be that bit more patient and know that the final interest payment to you will be up till the day of payment to you.:D
  • smitchy73
    Options
    only_mee wrote: »
    As long as you were up to date with the payments you can ask for a cheque, they take any arrears off though.
    Not the first time this as happened, and people have had their credit limit reduced after.
    Yeah I've heard this happening too, in the FSA rules handbook it says this -
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
    "3.9 Other matters concerning redress
    [/FONT]
    3.9.1 G Where the complainant’s loan or credit card is in arrears the [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm [/FONT]may, if it has
    the contractual right to do so, make a payment to reduce the associated loan or
    credit card balance, if the complainant accepts the
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm’[/FONT]s offer of redress. The [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]firm [/FONT]should act fairly and reasonably in deciding whether to make such a payment."
    so if you're account wasn't in arrears you could ask for the redress to be paid to your bank account or by cheque.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    Jammers20 wrote: »
    I've only just got around to opening the post and I have a cheque from Egg for £862 for PPI insurance I had been mis-sold back in 2003.

I am delighted and would like to thank Di especially who helped me with the process.

I first competed a SAR and picked out the key information - I had in fact signed an agreement that included PPi but they had a record that I called to cancel the insurance a few days later - a call where I was pressurised into keeping the insurance.

Egg took less than a month to settle

:T:TWell done:D
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Sunny

I have not yet come across the actual CEO email addy but do have the details for the customer service, so hope this helps, good luick with this.
    [EMAIL="customerenquiries@creation.co.uk"]customerenquiries@creation.co.uk[/EMAIL]

http://www.creation.co.uk/contact-us/contact-us.html

Have the CEO details for JJB though and more details here....
    [EMAIL="kjones@jjbsports.com"]kjones@jjbsports.com[/EMAIL]

http://www.jjbsports.com/

Hope this info helps, good luck.;)

Good Morning & thank you di :D, i couldnt let it rest last night, so i looked up creation...they seem really awful. OH card was 13 years ago but it's still worth a try...i am like a dog with a bone now if i find anything with the slightest relation to PPI !! ha :rotfl: I will email JJB aswell Di and see what they come up with hun...i will let you know...everything crossed!! :j:jxx

How is your claim going...have you heard anything from welcome yet?

:T:T Good luck to all winners today!! :T:Txx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure