Car model recall

124»

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cpu2007 wrote: »
    I have not, I will be calling them this weekend and see what they say now that I have a clearer picture of my rights.

I don't know how you may be thinking of approaching them, but I certainly wouldn't be wanting to quote any rights (or lack of them) until I had sought their advice and/or reassurance.

Rather than stress about this, I mean, you have known for some months and not called them, why don't you give them a call today? Just explain how much it is worrying you and see what they say.
  • Cpu2007
    Cpu2007 Posts: 723
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you guys, really appreciate it.
    It is true that it has been for months and it's also true that I have not call them.
    I didn't take this issue seriously until I saw that it caused injuries all over the world. There have been reports in other countries and in some the news is being suppressed.

My intention it's to talk to them only and if they can get it replaced earlier that would be good.
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Thank you guys, really appreciate it.
    It is true that it has been for months and it's also true that I have not call them.
    I didn't take this issue seriously until I saw that it caused injuries all over the world. There have been reports in other countries and in some the news is being suppressed.

My intention it's to talk to them only and if they can get it replaced earlier that would be good.

You will have a cat in hells chance of getting any sense over the weekend. The service dept will only be open sat am, most likely the service manager will be off and it won't come under the sales dept remit. They won't be able to get any authorisation from Honda UK to do what you want at the weekend.

Ring up during your lunch break in the week, you ( may) stand a better chance of some closure. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As previously posted Toyota have the same recall. I received a letter a few weeks ago advising me that when the parts become available ( evidently there are many many thousands in the same position) the replacement will be fitted at my local Toyota dealer. Not much we can do but wait.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    can you send me the citation where you got the fact that these injuries were simply broken fingernails?thank you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1144563/Woman-longest-fingernails-world-breaks-car-crash.html
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

Was she growing them so she could burst the air bag if it wrongly inflated?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It's been over a week, OP, what did the Honda dealer say?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's been over a week...

That is worrying.

I must buy a Daily Mirror tomorrow and see if the airbag injury count has gone up by one.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    wealdroam wrote: »
    That is worrying.

I must buy a Daily Mirror tomorrow and see if the airbag injury count has gone up by one.

It won't be in the Mail, only the New York Times.

OP last logged in 10-10-16.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport