IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Guidance Requested: PCN At Brighton Marina

Hi Folk,

A newbie here, I have read up on the good wealth of information, can I test my understanding please.

• A PCN attached to the vehicle windscreen is referred to as a 'Notice To Driver'.
  • Your current collective advice is to wait for a 'Notice To Keeper' before appealing.
  • This means the 'NTD' 28 day appeal period can be 'ignored' while I wait to receive a NTK.
  • The NTK appeal must then be submitted within 28days without disclosing the 'driver' - I can use the appeal letter template.
  • I will probably loose this appeal and then move onto the POPLA appeal stage.
If someone is able to confirm/correct these statements that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    yes, seems ok to me

wait for NTK, then appeal (depending who the PPC is)

also assuming this is a private vehicle and not hired or leased or a company car
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    who is the PPC?

Ralph:cool:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    who is the PPC?

Ralph:cool:

Essential information for us to give you better targeted advice.
    I will probably loose this appeal and then move onto the POPLA appeal stage.

Provided they are a BPA AOS member. Why we ask for PPC identity.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Kenwas
    Kenwas Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thanks for the fast replies. Yes, it's a private vehicle (two actually - must have been a lucky day!), the PPC is Vinci Parking.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    Kenwas wrote: »
    Thanks for the fast replies. Yes, it's a private vehicle (two actually - must have been a lucky day!), the PPC is Vinci Parking.

Do you have two PCNs?

If so they each need to be dealt with as separate entities. Two initial appeals, two POPLA appeals. You can use identical initial and POPLA appeals (if same circumstances). Send separately, get free proof of posting from your PO - don't just shove them in the letterbox. Don't use 'Signed For' - many PPCs won't accept them.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Handy_Hubby
    Handy_Hubby Posts: 17 Forumite
    I've just sent off my POPLA appeal for parking in the same area. The NTK will come from ZZPS ltd, I complained to the BPA about not reiving a POPLA code with the rejection letter. Took 2 months to arrive after Vinci argued with the BPA about the COP!
  • Kenwas
    Hi All,

To summarise the situation:
    > Two NTK's received (one to me, one to wife), both for obstructive parking at Brighton Marina from ZZPS Ltd on behalf of Vinci Parking
    > Two appeal letter's written using the template on this fine site
    > ONE reply from ZZPS received, it quoted both PCN references and was sent to my wife - did not indicate a decision on the appeal - just insisted that the PCN's needed to be paid.
    > ONE reply from 'my wife' sent to ZZPS to simply state she had inferred they had rejected her appeal and to request a POPLA reference, and too ask what the other PCN reference was. At a similar time, a chaser letter was sent from me that said I have not received a response to my appeal. Both were sent two weeks ago.
    > Today - both my wife and I received a letter demanding payment - no decision on our appeal, no POPLA reference. THese letters stated the debt had increased now to include recover debts.
    > I intend to reply to both letters simply re-iterating they have not actually provided a decision on our appeal, that I infer it is a rejection and to request a POPLA reference (I think they are simply trying to use bully tactics).

So my question is, am I intending the right next step? Should I contact the BPA to complain about the lack of decision, reference and the tactics being employed?

Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    yes , on all counts , give S Clark copies of all paperwork too
  • Kenwas
    I could do with the next bit of advice.

> ZZPS Limited are refusing to give me a POPLA reference, or indeed clearly state my appeal is rejected.
    > I have complained to the BPA, but with no response yet.
    > I today received another letter from ZZPS stating they will be passing my case onto their solicitor (with the debt increasing once more). They have declared they will no longer respond to my letters!
    > I will chase up the BPA, I will write back once more to ZZPS to state my position.

I hope the BPA will respond, but if not, what should be my next step?

Thanks
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2015 at 8:57PM
    I'm a fellow Brightonian ( well Hovite now but that still counts ! ).

This is the form you need - http://www.brightonmarina.co.uk/brunswick-developments

I'm trying to find Andrew Goddell's contact details as he'll be able to get it cancelled.

Or you could contact this person - https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=115971247
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure