Is this person just trying to get her hands on lady's inheritance?

Comments

• Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Could it be that this gardener isa bit jealous of the old ladies wealth?. Therefore he sees anyone being helpful to her as gold diggers rather than assisting her for altruistic reasons.
  • Bath_cube
    Bath_cube Posts: 188 Forumite
    Thor soak that's was what I was thinking too.;)
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,522
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Has anybody seen Bluelass lately? Just wondering.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Peter333
    Peter333 Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Either the OP IS the 50 something woman and she is testing the water to see what people think of her, (I mean she does know an AWFUL lot of info!) Or she is bitter and jealous of the actual woman, because she got in there first. :cool:
    You didn't, did you? :rotfl::rotfl:
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm trying to do the maths. Hitler shot himself 72 years ago. If the lady's in her 90s she could have met him.

OP I think you might be better off keeping out of this one, unless you have reason to suspect elder abuse.

The query about the age of the old lady wasn't about whether she could have met him, which of course she could, but whether she would have been in school/education at the time of his death.
  • barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    LilElvis wrote: »
    The query about the age of the old lady wasn't about whether she could have met him, which of course she could, but whether she would have been in school/education at the time of his death.

The OP says the lady is 90. So born in 1926 or 1927. So 18 in May 1945. And presumably still in school
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166
    Forumite
    Whether or not she saw/knew Hitler means nothing. What matters is that she is HAPPY with the situation as it is. The old lady may well have appointed the 50 year old as next of kin - if she has no-one else, why does it matter?
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166
    Forumite
    It matters not whether or not the old lady met/knew Hitler - she has been in the UK for over 50 years - and is happy to call the 50-year old lady her next of kin - if she has no-one else, why not? Or does the gardener want the old lady to adopt him?
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,201
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    After 5 years of regular visits to an unrelated old dear, I think she'd have earned the inheritance even at minimum wage rates. It's the longest and worst scam I have ever seen!

Butt out. Nunnaya.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,244
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Also, a woman who is now in her 90s would have left school well before Hitler died.

No, she would have been about 18 then. (90 years ago was 1927, and Hitler died 18 years later, in 1945.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure