Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• AubreyMac
    AubreyMac Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if the times still give out discover Tuesday cinema tickets? I've not seen any for a while.
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AubreyMac wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the times still give out discover Tuesday cinema tickets? I've not seen any for a while.

Discover Tuesday still exists but there are no free tickets from Times now.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Kriss1977 posted for free tickets for the movie the united kingdom but no link, does anyone know how to get these feree tickets?
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Poochface
    Options
    Kriss1977 posted for free tickets for the movie the united kingdom but no link, does anyone know how to get these feree tickets?

The link is on the post. under where it says Weymouth Cineworld.

Here it is

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/780779
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    manda1205 wrote: »
    Strange how different people are, I thought it was the worst film I'd seen in years. My husband actually left after 30mins. I thought the acting was very poor, in fact like they had used real people and not actors and as for the ending, that was ridiculous, so unrealistic. Each to their own, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Sadly not at all an unrealistic ending. Perhaps not actually in the appeal waiting room toilets but many have died from heart attacks or suicide due to stress waiting for appeals or because sanctions have left them penniless. Contrary to popular propaganda not all claimants are lazy smoking, drinking drug addicts who just skip appointments because they can't be bothered. People have been sanctioned for missing appointments because they were in a&e being treated for serious problems, because they had to attend a job interview but the job centre refused to reschedule the sign on time and other stupid reasons. Seriously google will help if you want to see the Actual Reality rather than the crap the tories have been throwing out for years.
  • Poochface
    Options
    Please remember there will still be people yet to see this in preview. You're discussing major plot spoilers.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    COMING SOON!

For TELEGRAPH Subscribers

QUEEN OF KATWE

1475578122_Screen%20Shot%202016-10-04%20at%2011.39.54.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4341582

Certificate - PG

Monday 17th October

18:00 for 18:30

Locations

Birmingham
    Bristol Cribbs
    Camberley
    Croydon Purley
    Harrow
    Islington
    Leeds Light
    Manchester
    North Finchley
    Nottingham
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Staines

“Queen of Katwe” is the vibrant true story of a young girl from the streets of rural Uganda whose world rapidly changes when she is introduced to the game of chess, and, as a result of the support she receives from her family and community, is instilled with the confidence and determination she needs to pursue her dream of becoming an international chess champion. Directed by Mira Nair from a screenplay by William Wheeler, “Queen of Katwe” is produced by Lydia Dean Pilcher, p.g.a. and John Carls, p.g.a. with Will Weiske and Troy Buder serving as executive producers. The film stars Golden Globe® nominee David Oyelowo, Oscar® winner and Tony Award® nominee Lupita Nyong’o and newcomer Madina Nalwanga
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • quoia
    edited 7 October 2016 at 1:28AM
    Options
    COMING SOON!

THE ACCOUNTANT

1474366732_Screen%20Shot%202016-09-20%20at%2009.52.56.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140479

Certificate - 15

Tuesday 25th October

18:00 for 18:30

Locations

Birmingham Broadway Plaza
    Bracknell
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Leeds
    Leicester - Cinema De Lux
    London - Greenwich
    Manchester Printworks
    Norwich
    Nottingham
    Reading
    Sheffield
    Southampton
    Wimbledon

Christian Wolff (Affleck) is a math savant with more affinity for numbers than people.

Behind the cover of a small-town CPA office, he works as a freelance accountant for some of the world’s most dangerous criminal organizations.

With the Treasury Department’s Crime Enforcement Division, run by Ray King (J.K. Simmons), starting to close in, Christian takes on a legitimate client: a state-of-the-art robotics company where an accounting clerk (Anna Kendrick) has discovered a discrepancy involving millions of dollars.

But as Christian uncooks the books and gets closer to the truth, it is the body count that starts to rise.

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
  • quoia
    edited 7 October 2016 at 1:31AM
    Options
    COMING SOON!

THE CROWN

1475749628_Screen%20Shot%202016-10-06%20at%2011.26.39.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4786824

Certificate - PG

Tuesday 1st November

19:00 for 19:30

Locations

Birmingham
    Brighton
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Edinburgh Omni
    Gateshead
    Harrogate
    Islington
    Leeds Light
    Liverpool One
    Manchester Lowry
    Norwich
    Wimbledon

Based on the award-winning play, The Audience, The Crown tells the inside story of Queen Elizabeth II's early reign, revealing the personal intrigues, romances, and political rivalries behind the great events that shaped the second half of the 20th Century.

A Netflix original series, The Crown focuses on Queen Elizabeth II as a 25-year-old newlywed faced with the daunting prospect of leading the world’s most famous monarchy while forging a relationship with legendary Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill.
    The British Empire is in decline, the political world is in disarray, and a young woman takes the throne....a new era is dawning.
    Peter Morgan's masterfully researched scripts reveal the Queen's private journey behind the public facade with daring frankness.
    Prepare to be welcomed into the coveted world of power and privilege and behind locked doors in Westminster and Buckingham Palace....the leaders of an empire await.

All 10 Episodes are available November 4

• Poochface
    Options
    manda1205 wrote: »
    In reply to Poochface; seriously? I think if you re-read your own post you practically tell the whole film and ending.

Excuse me! I haven't commented about the film.
    Would you care to tell me the post number where I have told the whole film and given away the ending??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure