Does anyone use click and drop with OBA?

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i have an OBA account. but have been wondering about adding the click and drop to it, to see if it would help as a deterant for the chancers who say they haven't received their parcel.

since using the click and drop have anyone seen any difference in the not received messages?? also they gentleman I spoke to said it can be intergrated with ebay accounts, can it be done with a private account too?? as I have a business and a private account.

also do you use a thermal printer or a normal printer??
    Work to live= not live to work
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I don't use C&D as we have a collection via our DMO account.

I will say, that if you can push to buy a thermal printer, preferably a Zebra, do so. The labels are supplied by RM free of charge and they suit all other carriers. You have no running costs (bar the electricity) when you've purchased it.

We have half a dozen Zebras and the newest is 9 years old. They go on and on and on.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't use C&D as we have a collection via our DMO account.

I will say, that if you can push to buy a thermal printer, preferably a Zebra, do so. The labels are supplied by RM free of charge and they suit all other carriers. You have no running costs (bar the electricity) when you've purchased it.

We have half a dozen Zebras and the newest is 9 years old. They go on and on and on.

The guy on the phone mentioned about an "offer" they have with the zebra printer..

So in the long run with the free labels it is a no brained then??
  • theonlywayisup
    We buy ours. But yes, it's an expensive for a printer but the labels and no ink means it is a "no brainer".
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My click and stop is set up with and I have managed to intergrate my eBay accounts. I have some one label just as a trial with my normal printer. But there is no barcode?? Only one of those funny looking squares lol..

So at the end of the day will it automatically send it other to my online business account to generate an order/invoice?,

Also so you find it time consuming weighing every parcel?? As the other way was an average weight per parcel. Also what is the difference between click and drop and the DMO? ?
  • theonlywayisup
    My click and stop is set up with and I have managed to intergrate my eBay accounts. I have some one label just as a trial with my normal printer. But there is no barcode?? Only one of those funny looking squares lol..

So at the end of the day will it automatically send it other to my online business account to generate an order/invoice?,

Also so you find it time consuming weighing every parcel?? As the other way was an average weight per parcel. Also what is the difference between click and drop and the DMO? ?

That "funny looking square" is a QR code, that is the "barcode" that you are looking for. The number across the top is the delivery confirmation number.

DMO is dispatch manager online, it is the online software to generate the QR code label which works alongside the OBA online business account to generate your invoice. With DMO you are given a business tariff.

I have no idea how C&D works.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you...sorry about the predictive text.

So the DMO must be a different level again for bigger users? And click and drop /OBA Is the small business users??

I really appreciate you answering my questions.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,185 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you...sorry about the predictive text.

So the DMO must be a different level again for bigger users? And click and drop /OBA Is the small business users??

I really appreciate you answering my questions.

I only know about the OBA via click and drop as I'm a small user. Normal prices but without VAT and just using click and drop and printing out normal paper labels which I sellotape on. Very old style.

Most of my items tend to go as a large letter so that's about 66p in the new prices for 2nd class which suits me nicely.

The one thing I've found though is no body seems to know much about it. If I take my bags to the mail centre I just dump them and they sign my manifest, one of my post offices wants manifests inside each bag plus a copy for themselves, and another, the crown post office want two copies but will not give me a receipt at all.i phoned OBA help and they have no idea what is the correct way, but say just do what each individual post office wants.

I collect a stack of sacks from the mail centre though and very often find manifests from other local businesses still inside them, I even found someone I know who I didn't realise was a business- I recognised their name and address!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 April 2017 at 5:21PM
    I had an OBA account a few years ago with a business that was bad registered. Which sadly closed.

I have a new OBA Which has been up and running for a few months since I have started back selling on eBay. I use alot of second class small parcel. As one of my eBay account has less than 100 feedback at the moment I have noticed a few 'chancers' trying to say they haven't had their items. I am not saying no parcels will ever genuinely get lost. But I am trying to deter the chancers.. most of my items are low priced items .whatever I can pick up at the right price to sell on

I take my bags direct to our local sorting office .every morning ..and with the OBA after I logged my parcels onto the system I print 2 copies of that order. I keep one, and I just hand the other over with the sacks
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,185 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 April 2017 at 5:33PM
    I had an OBA account a few years ago with a business that was bad registered. Which sadly closed.

I have a new OBA Which has been up and running for a few months since I have started back selling on eBay. I use alot of second class small parcel. As one of my eBay account has less than 100 feedback at the moment I have noticed a few 'chancers' trying to say they haven't had their items. I am not saying no parcels will ever genuinely get lost. But I am trying to deter the chancers.. most of my items are low priced items .whatever I can pick up at the right price to sell on

I take my bags direct to our local sorting office .every morning ..and with the OBA after I logged my parcels onto the system I print 2 copies of that order. I keep one, and I just hand the other over with the sacks
    Do you get your copy of the manifest stamped and signed as a receipt? I wasn't sure if I needed to in case I ever wanted to claim for a loss as I was told this was one business account that will pay out.

The way I do it, and it's been about a year now, is to print my labels as I go along. Then just before I go and drop them off I manifest all the various batches onto the one 'manifest' (or two of there are overseas parcels) take the lot mainly to the mail Centre where I put the various sealed bags straight into cages. I then queue up and hand over my overseas bag as they can't take that in a cage, get my manifest stamped and signed and file it away at home. The mail centre don't want a copy and they have told me I don't need a copy in the bags.

As above though on the rare occasions I use a post office they always have a different way of doing it, sometimes even varying between who serves me.

I asked my account manager if what I was doing was OK and he just said it was fine as there were no complaints at all on my account! (I suspect he wasn't actually sure).

Then once a month I get a huge bill which is paid directly via direct debit for all my postage.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure