The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

honda sat nav upgrade dvd

My 3 year old Honda CRV sat nav system is out of date! Honda want £200!!! for an upgrade dvd...any help guys??? Honda prices are way too high....Mark

Comments

• CarliJ
    CarliJ Posts: 112 Forumite
    BUMPING AS I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY CHEAPER OUT THERE ASWELL!!

C X:p
    To quote my English Teacher:

Your life is like a path of driven snow, be careful how you tread for every mark will show.....
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
  • My husband has also just bought a 3 year old CRV and the satnav is horrendous. It sends him in the wrong direction all the time. perhaps the modern upgrade software is better. Did anyone have any ideas on finding it cheaper?
  • ukjoel
    ukjoel Posts: 1,468
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If its any consolation its not just Honda - all manufacturers do the same.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,857
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This thread (over 12 months!) is almost as old as the DVD in my Honda Sat Nav.

I've looked for upgrades (the DVD in mine was nearly a year old - because that's the best update frequency - when I bought the car new) several times - with no success.

The stuff on Ebay is either dubious - or of the same age (2004/5) as in my car. Other dealers sell mainly CDs .. but, again, no more up to date than mine.

This FAQ on What Car seems to best describe it :-

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-special-report.aspx?NA=223051&EL=3181889

....i.e. it's via Honda or nothing. The best advice I can offer is to carry a back up map! Or change the car - which I intend to do next month. On the plus side - it's been a pretty excellent car otherwise!
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • I was under the impression that Honda sat-nav is an Alpine unit. So you may want to contact Alpine-Europe for advice.
    I know for a fact that the USA Honda sat-nav is definitely Alpine.
  • Has anyone had their sat nav converted to a dvd player? Apparently it is an easy fix.
  • im sure i saw honda sat nav updates on ebid earlier on.
    worth a look.
    ...work permit granted!
  • I got one for my crv off ebay. its a copied disc,and its a 2007, my CRV is an 04reg.
    It works fine, so try there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport