Learning to crochet

Comments

• I would love to try crochet but am left handed - does anyone have a link to show me how? Are there any other lefties out there who crochet and do they have any problems? I can knit but do it right handed and am very slow.
    Kondo'ed 76 items from wardrobe, 4 carrier bags of books
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    I've just had a lightbulb moment, I think.... This is what I've just produced its took me a couple of nights and lots of watching and re-winding you tube vids!! I tried today to buy the crochet magazine in Sainsurys and they said they do not stock it (couldn't find it in Tesco either)
    Off to practice a bit more single crochet (usa) or double crochet (uk)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13447738@N03/4234472971/

Well done you. That's Brilliant! I am so going to learn properly this year.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • I would love to try crochet but am left handed - does anyone have a link to show me how? Are there any other lefties out there who crochet and do they have any problems? I can knit but do it right handed and am very slow.

There's this lady on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDM6xF0kSeM (I think she's just flipped her right handed video :rotfl:)
    Save £6k in 2013 member 168 £1187/6000
  • Kazipoo
    Kazipoo Posts: 806 Forumite
    I am having real trouble getting hold of the first copy of the art of crochet magazine.... seems everyone is having a go at it in Leeds.... grrr!!
    Starting weight 17st 4lb - weight now 15st 2lbs

30lb lost of 30lb by June 2012 :j:j:j (80lb overall goal)

• mirry
    mirry Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    soon2bjobless , I have a old crochet book called ..

The colour book of Crochet - by Mary stalling.

It has instructions for left handed and right handed.
    Kindness costs nothing :)
  • Kazipoo
    Managed to get hold of a copy of the art of crochet magazine and have been sat giving it a go. Figured out three stitches now, and raring to go lol.... be a while yet before I actually make something though I think!!

• Just got my copy in WH Smith its really set me straight with the nice close up shots on the DVD. Only problem I have got now is that my DVD player keeps playing it with subtitles and I can't get them off, how annoying as its covering the crocheting.

Does anyone else have this problem my eyes are all bleary and misty when I have spent 10 minutes or so working on the crochet, I don't understand why cause I spend all day looking at a PC screen with no problems!!
  • Kazipoo wrote: »
    I am having real trouble getting hold of the first copy of the art of crochet magazine.... seems everyone is having a go at it in Leeds.... grrr!!

Where did you get it Kazipoo? Im hoping to get one in WHSmiths in Leeds train station on Monday,hope some are left- im quite weirdly excited actually.
  • WillowMuse
    WillowMuse Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    Finally managed to get A copy of " The art of Crochet" never knew how difficult it would be to get one:rolleyes:
    WHsmiths had sold out and it took three more newsagents to find it:rolleyes:

Was shocked to see it for sale on ebay....one was being bid on and the bids were at £3.97 last I looked and there was a buy it now for £19.97:eek:
    Can't knit very well, so hoping I can crochet better:o Havent tried it before so should be interesting......
    If your neighbour's grass is greener, its time to water your lawn!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Kazipoo
    Where did you get it Kazipoo? Im hoping to get one in WHSmiths in Leeds train station on Monday,hope some are left- im quite weirdly excited actually.

I avoid the centre of Leeds like the plague whenever possible lol. I ended up having to go out to Birstall retail park, to the WH Smith there, they had a few left. White rose centre had sold out, as had all my local newsagents and hobbycraft :eek:!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure