Ask a CCCS counsellor a question

Options
Former_MSE_Wendy
Former_MSE_Wendy Posts: 929 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
edited 25 March 2011 at 11:39AM in Debt-free wannabe
The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) has several counsellors answering questions in our forum.
As this thread was so long, we started a new thread so please read part 2
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• CCCS_Sarah
    CCCS_Sarah Posts: 1,555 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Thanks for this Wendy.

As Wendy has advised, please feel free to message any of us.

We are happy to help!

Sarah
    I am a Debt Counsellor that works for the CCCS and have specific permission from Martin, to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on the CCCS and what it does in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article.

CCCS is a registered charity, and there is no charge whatsoever for any of the services we provide to our clients. We take great pride in offering first class help and advice, but we only offer this where we have been able to fully explore and understand your circumstances with you. We want to help you understand these choices and their possible implications but not make them for you.
  • xgingerx
    xgingerx Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I know I have already posted this but Im not getting any advise yet and wondered if you can have a look as Im really worried for her, thkx

Littlewoods Debt - Urgent Advice Please
    Hi, well my mother in law used to run a littlewoods catalogue as an agent, but had to stop due to ill health, anyway she has about 17 customers and owes around 30k in total, the issue is she has had debt letters from several companies and she tells them that its not actually her who owes the money but they are not having any of it and they wont listen and dont care by the sound of it? She has had signed copies from everyone who owes the money acknowledging they owe it. This is making her more ill and when she spoke to Littlewoods they said they had passed it on ? she has ran the catalogue for 15 years, this is ridiculous. She has told the last lot of debt collectors to take her to court and let the judge sort it out because really doesnt owe this.

Please help as she is retired and really doesnt need this grief and worry

Thanks in advance
    Dmp Mutual Support thread member No 82
  • CCCS_Sarah
    Options
    xgingerx wrote: »
    Hi, I know I have already posted this but Im not getting any advise yet and wondered if you can have a look as Im really worried for her, thkx

Littlewoods Debt - Urgent Advice Please
    Hi, well my mother in law used to run a littlewoods catalogue as an agent, but had to stop due to ill health, anyway she has about 17 customers and owes around 30k in total, the issue is she has had debt letters from several companies and she tells them that its not actually her who owes the money but they are not having any of it and they wont listen and dont care by the sound of it? She has had signed copies from everyone who owes the money acknowledging they owe it. This is making her more ill and when she spoke to Littlewoods they said they had passed it on ? she has ran the catalogue for 15 years, this is ridiculous. She has told the last lot of debt collectors to take her to court and let the judge sort it out because really doesnt owe this.

Please help as she is retired and really doesnt need this grief and worry

Thanks in advance

Hi xgingerx,

This is something that I have not come across but I am looking into it for you. I will reply again tomorrow with an update.

Sarah
    I am a Debt Counsellor that works for the CCCS and have specific permission from Martin, to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on the CCCS and what it does in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article.

CCCS is a registered charity, and there is no charge whatsoever for any of the services we provide to our clients. We take great pride in offering first class help and advice, but we only offer this where we have been able to fully explore and understand your circumstances with you. We want to help you understand these choices and their possible implications but not make them for you.
  • CCCS_Sarah
    Options
    Just found some information on this.

Does your mother in law have separate accounts for each of her customers? – if so she would not be liable. I would suggest taking a photocopy of the agreements and sending them recorded delivery to littlewoods.

If not then your mother in law could be responsible for missed payments and liable for the debt.

• megisabel
    Options
    Hi

I have done the online debt remedy and it has come up with a DMP of £251 a month towards £27,000 debt

Are my creditors likely to agree to this arrangement?
  • megisabel
    Options
    Thanks in advance!
  • andreweduk
    Options
    I'm not sure of the exact figures I filled in on the Debt Remedy on CCCS website, is there any way I can get hold of these figures. They'll help me stick to budget if I know what figures I used :)
    Twitter: @haddockman83
  • scattytracy
    Options
    Good morning

I have a big question, we have been on a DMP with payplan for 18 months now and it is failing miserably added to the fact I have just lost my job, my house is in negative equity and is getting repossessed next month. While the lady at payplan was lovely she didn't seem to be able to offer any advice she told me to fight for the house even though the mortgage payments are far to high, she seemed to be more concerned with getting there partner company to offer us cheaper insurance when I have allready got the cheapest possible on everything! We are in a minus surplus at the moment with the mortgage but if we rented and didn't have any debts we would be able to survive, should we go bankrupt?

thanks

Tracy
    :jFresh start granted 12/02/2010:j
  • CCCS_Sarah
    Options
    megisabel wrote: »
    Hi

I have done the online debt remedy and it has come up with a DMP of £251 a month towards £27,000 debt

Are my creditors likely to agree to this arrangement?

Hi megisabel,

Sorry for the late reply.

This would clear your debts in a reasonable amount of time. There is never any guarantee that the creditors will accept the reduced payments.

However you need to look at it from another angle – if this is all you can afford to pay, they can’t have what you have not got!

Even if the creditors say they are not accepting the payment, the key is not to be disheartened and sent the payment anyway and the debt will start to reduce.

On a more positive note, all your creditors are aware of DMP’s and even if they initially don’t stop the interest and charges, once you are ‘up and running’ they are more likely to stop.

Hope this helps

• CCCS_Sarah
    Options
    andreweduk wrote: »
    I'm not sure of the exact figures I filled in on the Debt Remedy on CCCS website, is there any way I can get hold of these figures. They'll help me stick to budget if I know what figures I used :)

Hi Andrew,

Have you completed the full process? And been given advice?

If you have let me know and I will PM you the Debt Remedy Support teams direct number.

Sarah

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure