connecting sky, VCR & DVD to TV ???

2»

Comments

• fgaughan
    fgaughan Posts: 252 Forumite
    Or get one of these
    http://www.bluedelta.co.uk/phantom_plus.htm
    Just highlight the program and press red button to record.
    like a sky+ but using your Vhs recorder or dvd recorder :-)
    While I breathe.... I hope
  • I have an LCD TV one scart//a home cinema 2 scart/sky box 2 scart/PS2 1 SCART and a DVD recorder 2 scart. NO ANALOGUE ARIEL CONNECTED.

NEED TO CONNECT ALL OF THEM AND HOPEFULLY ALL WORK. ANY HELP APPRECIATED.:mad:
  • sky into dvd recorder
    dvd recorder to home cinema
    home cinema into tv
    PS2 into sky box.

Sky will pass everything through DVD recorder so you can record from Sky. Recorder goes into home cinema for the sound. Home cinema goes into the TV to transfer picture etc etc and the PS2 will play through it all and should put the sound through the home cinema as well...

think that'll work.
  • I hope someone of greater intelligence than me can help me out please.
    I have Hitachi M830 VHS + JVC XV N33 DVD + Sky box DV 3 + JVC AV telly and Samsung 932 MV telly. All this equipment is in my front room with the Samsung in my kitchen. I used to be with Virgin and could connect the lot together so I could watch TV or DVD or video in either room but now that I have gone(temporary) with Sky I cannot view DVD or video in the kitchen. I have asked Sky and they tell me I don't have multi room subscription.
    Can anyone explain how these things should be connected together please, I have scart leads, audio leads and an aerial splitter(at least I think that's what it is)
    Thanks very much
    leslie Howard
  • HI, have loads of videos to watch but cannot work out how to watch through new TV. It is a freeview TV, I have a Sky+ box AND an outside aerial. Cannot watch or record on video. Have 1 scart on TV, 1 scart on Sky box and 2 on Video. Loads of scart cables/multi scart connector boxes, even aerial leads. Do not need DVD as the TV has a built in one (and a USB recording slot !!!!!) Used to be able to do all this stuff but am older now :( and want it set up for grandson for Xmas.
    Thanks, Wendy.
  • Thanks Neveragain, I have been to the website and done the exercise, my problem is, the diagram shows 2 scart ports on Sky box and mine only has 1 (have had another look to check). I can watch the digital TV through my old outdoor aerial so can record 2 on Sky and watch freeview progs, its just that I want to watch my videos through my TV - I can on my bedroom freeview TV although have sound problems if I try to record (wonderful picture). Its all done to confuse oldies !!!!
  • whmf00001 wrote: »
    Thanks Neveragain, I have been to the website and done the exercise, my problem is, the diagram shows 2 scart ports on Sky box and mine only has 1 (have had another look to check). I can watch the digital TV through my old outdoor aerial so can record 2 on Sky and watch freeview progs, its just that I want to watch my videos through my TV - I can on my bedroom freeview TV although have sound problems if I try to record (wonderful picture). Its all done to confuse oldies !!!!

A scart splitter plugged into your Sky box would do the job.

Scarts are near obsolete now, so the splitters are very cheap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Scart-Box-Plug/dp/B000747OKI/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1321795210&sr=1-12
  • whmf00001 wrote: »
    Thanks Neveragain, I have been to the website and done the exercise, my problem is, the diagram shows 2 scart ports on Sky box and mine only has 1 (have had another look to check). I can watch the digital TV through my old outdoor aerial so can record 2 on Sky and watch freeview progs, its just that I want to watch my videos through my TV - I can on my bedroom freeview TV although have sound problems if I try to record (wonderful picture). Its all done to confuse oldies !!!!

Sky into video via scart and then video to TV via scart.
  • Well many thanks guys, I have tried all suggestions (Sky into video via scart and then video to TV via scart) and splitter but the TV just cannot see the vieo machine. I change from DVT input, to Scart input - no problem - but when I change to AV input it has no signal. Have tried channel 0 and still no joy. My USB recorder works OK so will have to use that, I can only view on the TV not on PC which is a shame. Basically I have daughter's wedding on video so will have to try to get it onto a DVD.
    You have been so helpful so thanks again.
    Wendy :A:A:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport