Cheap Shepherd Neame beers at Lidl

Is it just me or is the only difference between those ~£1 bottles of Shepherd Neame beer at Lidl the seasonally adjusted design of the label?
tumblr_kwxyh3A4FZ1qzxvmyo1_500.png

Comments

• Yes, appears to be. They appear to be getting rid of a lot these off most of the stores shelves as well, from Halloween. ASDA was also selling Shepherd Neame Spooks Ale for £1, taste OK if you like Shepherd Neame ale. I don't think it's duff though. No longer online so not sure if they'll have any left in store.

Also, you can currently get Rudolfs Reward Real Ale £1 a bottle, in store at Budgens if you have any stores near you.

I must say, I'm not a big fan of Shepherd Neame, it appears a little bitter for my liking though not too bad. I actually prefer something along the lines of Badger ales, they appear a bit smoother.
  • AHAR
    AHAR Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's Tins'ale at Lidl at the moment. It wasn't that long ago that the last Dragonfire (St. George's Day) disappeared then it became Autumn Blaze I think and then there was some Halloween themed one I forget the name of...
    Badger eh? In the same way SN ales have a certain bitterness, I found all the Badger ales I tried were too sweet for me. Each to their own though! :beer:
    Thanks.
  • I guess Shepherd Neame ale is an acquired taste. Though as my sister said once: if it's an acquired then why keep on drinking it?

Got about four bottles left to finish (bought six), so you never know I may change my mind by the time I get through the last one. HICK!!
  • If anyone is hunting for a choice at Beers at cheapish prices, try B &M or Home Bargains if you have either close to you. B& M has quite a large range.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tetley Huntsman at B&M 99p per pint bottle.
  • If anyone is hunting for a choice at Beers at cheapish prices, try B &M or Home Bargains if you have either close to you. B& M has quite a large range.

Wish I had one nearby. Nearest B&M is in Slough 13 miles from where I live, and I'm not sure if I want to go all the way to the Home Bargains in Southall either. Southall's a bit nearer though. One day maybe.

http://www.bmstores.co.uk/stores

http://www.tjmorris.co.uk/tjm/stores/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family