What is an SC1 form?

Options
Hi,

My Husband has beened advised by his doctor to have a week off work due to a back injury. He has been told to tell his boss to get an 'SC1' form - can anyone please tell us what this form is for and where he will stand regarding pay for the week off? This is the first time he has ever had to have any time off, so we are confused and unsure of what things mean :confused:

Thank you,

EmptyPockets x
"Your life is what your thoughts make it"

"If you can't bite, don't show your teeth!"
:cry: R.i.P our beautiful girl Suki. We'll love and miss you forever :cry:

Comments

• cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think an SC1 is a self-certification form that you complete for the first 7 days of an illness (where I worked had forms we collected from admin, completed and returned - so I never worried about the official number on it ;) )

This may help you ?

ETA: SC1 appears to be for self-employed/unemployed. So if he's an "employee" it looks like he should be completing an SC2 :confused:
    Cheryl
  • EmptyPockets
    Options
    Thank you for taking time to reply - we're a bit confused now, as, like you said, it does seem from reading info on the link you provided, that he should need an SC2 form, rather than SC1, as he is an employee... :confused:

Hopefully his boss will know which form he needs?
    "Your life is what your thoughts make it"

"If you can't bite, don't show your teeth!"
    :cry: R.i.P our beautiful girl Suki. We'll love and miss you forever :cry:
  • stazi
    stazi Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Options
    Unless the E/R uses his own forms, then form SC2 (obtained from HMRC or online) is used to self certify for the first 7 days and to claim SSP from the E/R.
    Assuming the OP's husband is entitled to SSP, then he'll be entitled to 2 days SSP = £30.16 if he works a 5 day week. No payment of SSP is made for the first 3 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure