PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thursday - Rooms of Doom or just neglected spaces
    Level One
    Make half an hour for yourself
    HH sorting, filing, flinging, putting away

Extras
    Write a list of all store cupboard items you need to top up, sauces, salt and pepper, pasta, rice, cereals, Tbags etc plus anything you need for Festive baking
    Half an hour for me:j
    HH in room of doom :eek:
    Store cupboard check. Now thats a good idea :T
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Valli wrote: »
    injuries

*sigh*

one child was taken to A&E susp. fracture. Only fell over...

Oh, poor thing :( PE is dangerous - fingers crossed he / she is ok and doesn't have a break anything like my PE injury :o

Flying minimal here :o I don't seem to have enough time or energy to do anything ..............
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Late posting today. Didn't get much done today as kids were off school. Eldests high school was shut. E roads were gridlocked so didn't attempt to get middle child to school. Am upset though as also meantcouldntget to youngest carol concert. I live outside the area for all my children's schools.
    Suspect a few of you live near me. I'm just outside Sarfend. Innit. ;)

Lamewolf, hope you are ok. A late happy birthday to your wonderful OH x

Honey bear, glad the dog is getting better.

Tomorrow am busy. Have speech therapy 1st thing for the toddler. He was referred back in May fgs. He can talk but I think he's about a year behind. Since he started nursery in sept, he's got a lot better. He does say sentences now. Like "thank you a chocolate a peppa pig" (he has a peppa pig advent calendar!)

Then I needto go t b&q and return s e lights that have already failed.

I also need to go to town for some more Xmas stuff. And more importantly, to bank my money box savings from this year.

I will hopefully find some time for flying tomorrow. But room if doom scares me as this means e children's bedrooms! :eek: toddlers room is ok but dds and ds rooms really are rooms if doom!

Night night all

Lisa x
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Valli wrote: »
    I have had a terrible day at work...

well, tbh, it was OK until PE

You are doing PE in December - not heard of in our primary, too busy rehearsing for the play :whistle::whistle:
    Hope said child is ok.

Lovely evening with friend chatting, too much wine drank.

Time for WM on, cat biscuits, set teasmaid and a bit of Jilly Cooper.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Mrs Mortenharket - just round the coast from you in the behind end of Clacton :D:D:D

Dusty Room of Doom - :eek::eek::eek: this means the study, but darn it I am at hospital tomorrow for most of the day - oh well, I suppose I can take a nail file with me to hospital and have my half hour me time while waiting to be seen- that is 50% of level 1 I can get done :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

retrieved my blood monitor from the airing cupboard from it's unfortunate spin in the WM - when I tried yesterday it was a no go- but as the airing cupboard has been mostly empty as I have had a clean washing mountain in the utility, but tonight I wanted to get the mountain into a mole hill or a pimple - I succeeded in making a pimple . Once all the towels were neatly folded and ready to go back on the shelves, I tentatively put the battery back in and it looked like it was working,- (must have been all that nice warm air having room to circulate properly) I programmed the time in and voila! all my readings are still safely stored in there :eek::T:eek::T:eek::T so at least I can show the midwife and the diabetic head honcho my averages over the last month in the morning

time to update the list

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One and Two 100%
    Level Three
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs - going to change this lightly sand and wipe the paintwork THIS WEEK ready for painting

Extras

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out DD3 needs some money to buy more cards - will sort that tomorrow - Thu

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room - all levels and all extras 100% done
    Level One 100% done
    and [STRIKE]mop[/STRIKE] just done this half hour ago :D:D:D
    Level Two 100% done
    Level Three 100% done
    Extras 100% done

Extra Extras

WM x 6 TD x 4, DW x 3
    hospital trip to get replacement *ahem* blood monitor
    declutter and cleaned - pots and pans cupboard
    declutter and cleaned - roasting/cake tins and casserole dish cupboard
    declutter and cleaned - spice drawer
    declutter and cleaned - oriental cupboard (sweet & sour, soy sauce, garlic, ginger etc! all sticky jars thoroughly wiped before going back :) )
    microwave turntables decluttered to shed for emergencies
    junked saucepans in boot of car for dump run (turned up again forgetting it is shut tues & wed!)
    a quick skype with DD1 at Uni

Wednesday - Master bedroom and landing
    Level One 100% done
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Clear and dust one flat surface[/STRIKE]
    Clean the windows
    Level Three
    HHI

Extras
    Sort out any extra bedding you will need for overnight guests. waiting on DD1 to confirm if her mates are coming to stay between Boxing Day and New Years for their customary alternative Xmas - then I will get a tick against this one :D:D

[STRIKE]Check you have spare tights for any parties.[/STRIKE] no parties so I can give this a miss :p
    [STRIKE]Does your 'special occasion' watch need a new battery?[/STRIKE] probably does, but no parties or occassions on the horizon - watch battery probably costs more than the watch :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    [STRIKE]Clean any jewellery to make it sparkle- [/STRIKE] rings in jewellery box - even if I did polish them up until flybaby weight lost they wouldn't fit :o

Extra Extras
    [STRIKE]cleaned out medicine cupboard in kitchen[/STRIKE] -
    [STRIKE]Wiped snow & Mould off window sills at back of house [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]folded 3 full washing baskets of freshly laundered towels Anthea style[/STRIKE] -
    [STRIKE]folded 2 full washing baskets of my clothes, DS, DD2 and DD3 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]found stray clothes to return to DS nursery from wet play incidents and bathroom accidents[/STRIKE] - bagged ready to go tomorrow

Thursday - Rooms of Doom or just neglected spaces
    Level One
    Level Two
    Vacuum through the rooms that need it
    Wash any soft furnishings that require freshening (cushion covers)
    Level Three
    Sort out your handbag - I had 15 pencils in mine
    Clean out any bins.. and do a binbag dance!!
    Wipe keyboards, phones, games controllers etc

Extras
    Write a list of all store cupboard items you need to top up, sauces, salt and pepper, pasta, rice, cereals, Tbags etc plus anything you need for Festive baking
    Update remaining present lists

Right ho folks - that's me done for.....if anyone sees me on here lurking or flying at stupid o'clock, please feel free to tell me to get of 'puter and get to bed :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

hugs, spoons and BIG SHOVELS for all that need them
    xxx
    The cold never bothered me anyway
  • 7.55 am: Train leaves Bonnie's station towards London (friend is on it on her way to work)
    8.00 am: Snow starts to fall
    8.05 am: Bonnie leaves home
    (8.15 am Bonnie slips & falls spectacularly on lower back/upper right buttock)
    8.25 am: A few flakes of snow delay all further trains for at least the next 2 hours

Bonnie is not happy. Bonnie is cold & sore. Bonnie gets cab to work.

Trains are still not running properly until early afternoon. Bonnie is ashamed that SE England can grind to a halt so quickly. Snow is not really settling and roads are clear.

Bonnie gets train towards home just after 5.30 pm. This is good. However Bonnie is livid at messages at station citing 'severe weather' for earlier disruption.

Late post due to eve watching DD dance show, only back at 11 then food, bath etc. Soooo tired. But feel better after rant and hot buttered toast :) Sleep well flyfriends xx
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 6 December 2012 at 3:07AM
    I'm not planning to be up all night (again) but still haven't been able to sleep so will try to tick a few things off my list. Hope everyone's flying went well today and we all (by and large) managed to stay relatively safe on the snow. There doesn't seem to be any in Leeds yet, which is good as I'm accident prone at the best of times!

Went to see my new little niece today, and also spent much of the afternoon sorting out my other sister's latest housing crisis (this is an ongoing project it seems :eek:), so didn't get as much done as I'd like... but still a fair amount. Also bought a new winter duvet and pillows as ours have gone all mildewy in the damp flat :o

Have signed myself up for a dinner party (at mine) next week, with one of my most 'perfect' friends, who I know will be looking out for any sign of me not coping particularly well... Looks like this week is going to be an epic one for tidying :rotfl:Will be nice to go back to work next week as well with it all looking lovely, although I do kind of resent using my holidays to tidy when OH uses his holidays for fun!

Monday - Living Room and Hall
    Level One
    Done!
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Level Three
    Done!

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Done!

Level Two
    Done!
    Level Three
    Done!

Wednesday - Master bedroom and landing
    Level One

Done!
    Level Two
    vacuum the landing and floor - bought a new vacuum so no excuse, once it's a sensible time to be doing these things.
    Level Three
    HHI - been lazy with the ironing, but that's because (I pay, so don't feel guilty about letting) Mum and Dad help me, and they're due on Friday.

Extras
    Sort out any extra bedding you will need for overnight guests.
    Does your 'special occasion' watch need a new battery?
    Clean any jewellery to make it sparkle
    All my extras are still to do - but I'm getting better :o

Thursday - Rooms of Doom or just neglected spaces (:eek: this means the spare room, noooooo!)
    Level One

Level Two
    Vacuum through the rooms that need it
    Wash any soft furnishings that require freshening (cushion covers)
    Level Three
    Sort out your handbag - I had 15 pencils in mine
    [STRIKE]Clean out any bins.. and do a binbag dance!![/STRIKE]
    Wipe keyboards, phones, games controllers etc

Extras
    Write a list of all store cupboard items you need to top up, sauces, salt and pepper, pasta, rice, cereals, Tbags etc plus anything you need for Festive baking - doing a big shop today with Mum, so hopefully this should be done. Also managed to be very :money: with using some of DH's employee benefit scheme giftcards, so will be getting at least 5% off at Asda ;)
    Update remaining present lists - Have done shockingly little :eek::o:eek::o Also appear to have spent almost all of my vouchers already on things we *needed* for around the house, i.e. new vacuum... looks like December / January could be tight, but I guess they are for lots of people.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Tis my home town.

List up for tomorrow - Natty you're quiet this week, are you ok?

Kitchen all spic and span for the night. Going to read with DS3 for 10 minutes and then my friend is popping in for a chat and a glass of wine.

I'm still here Dusty but not doing much..lol For some reason my week disappeared from me before I know it :-) Also realised I was on wrong dosage of meds, taking too low, so that would explain lethargy. Anyway once my kitchen is building free I can get back to normality again. Oh and I'm bogged down with washing..lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Tiptoes in quietly :oAny room for a little'un :)
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Tiptoes in quietly :oAny room for a little'un :)

WB PP, you couldn't stay away then :-) Hope you are doing ok?
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills