Amazon Seller Difficulties

I set up an Amazon Seller Account a few weeks ago and before I could even sell anything I had my seller priviledges stopped. They told me that is was because that they had decided that my account was linked to another account. Despite two appeals I seem to be unable to prove that I am who I am and that I am not a different person. Also they will not tell me what evidence they have for making this decision or tell me the criteria on which they judge this issue, obviously making it impossible to make a proper appeal.

I think they have decided that my account is going to be used by my son who although no longer lives at home, he set up his account while he was living at home a few years ago. He has also had his seller priviledges suspended because of difficulties with payments when his laptop got a virus. He has been working to put this right and he should have his seller priviledges restored soon.

However, I am not my son, the account is for me and now I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

Comments

• ColinFishwick
    ColinFishwick Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    I doubt you will get anywhere with this now. if they dont want your custom as a seller they dont want it its that simple. If you appealed twice and lost, nothing else can be done
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Appealed twice and didn't get anywhere Id drop it, they don't have to give you seller privileges.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Amazon are notoriously difficult to appeal to, they are even harsher than ebay/paypal. All you can do is keep trying to talk to them by phone, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure