PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• GBR78
    GBR78 Posts: 61
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    GBR78 that seems like a long time to get everything sorted - I would be getting fed up at that timescale! We had the EA visit and take photos etc, we were live on Rightmove the next morning! What do the other houses on RM look like under the same agent - are the listings any good?

We finally went live this afternoon! It was starting to drag a little, that's for sure, but the listing on RM doesn't look too bad. Their other listings look good so I'm hoping a quick photo refresh by the boss will bring ours to the same level. Just need to see if we can get some viewings now!
  • Fingers crossed for your viewings Elfbert thats amazing! Hope you get some now your advert is live GBR - you've got a few days now to get some booked in for the weekend.

In a weird turn of events I got a call from EA last night (which I missed) and then an email with the title 'An offer on your property!' - weird I thought as we've had no new viewings yet... I opened it and it was the original 'pulled out after two weeks of messing around' buyer making the same offer as before :think: whats all that about then?? Do they really expect us to take them seriously now?
  • Elfbert
    Elfbert Posts: 578
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In a weird turn of events I got a call from EA last night (which I missed) and then an email with the title 'An offer on your property!' - weird I thought as we've had no new viewings yet... I opened it and it was the original 'pulled out after two weeks of messing around' buyer making the same offer as before :think: whats all that about then?? Do they really expect us to take them seriously now?

Thanks Chickenmama!

I suppose you could tell the EA that you these messing-around buyers can start buying your place but you won't stop marketing it until there's some concrete evidence of movement on their part...like exchange :p Good luck, anyway!
    Mortgage - £[STRIKE]68,000 may 2014[/STRIKE] 45,680.
  • Oh Chickenmama, how do people have the nerve?? Our original buyer is still avoiding phone calls, so glad we didn't accept her revised offer.

Got our MoS today and we are officially SSTC on RM so all heading the right way, lots of hurdles to get over yet though! Fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone who has viewings this weekend, hope they all go well.

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    finally had a viewing tonight, a week after price drop and new pics. young couple, ftb and cash. spent no longer than 10mins and didn't have any questions - reckon it will be a no go

got someone else coming to view tomorrow. got AIP for mortgage and nothing to sell. Really hoping for some good luck but reckon we won't get any offers
  • GBR78
    Forumite
    Had our first viewing yesterday. Left it to the EA to show around as it's not something we enjoy. Apparently a couple looking to relocate to the area. Feedback due tomorrow so we will see, but I'm realistic enough not to hold out too much hope in the first week.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    We had a viewing on Friday from a FTB who then came back that evening for a second viewing. Hoping she liked it and we get a call tomorrow :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • GBR78
    Forumite
    Saturday's viewing confirmed as a 'no' Liked the house, the benefits of the parking situation and garage, but couldn't see past the main road it's situated on. Apparently they are currently in a similar position and would prefer to be located on a quieter street.

A shame, but we knew the road would be a barrier for some, so onwards to the next......
  • Fingers crossed Kirstypoos.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    So we got an offer!! £7k under asking, which doesn't sound too bad but the house is only on for a lowish amount, so we've asked if the buyer could offer another 1.5k so they would be getting a deal, and we would be happy to proceed on the next property. Fingers crossed!!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure