Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    contract is a seperate issue to the cashback

you cannot cancel the contract without penalty
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • mwb77
    mwb77 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I've not been given the deal that was offered and was agreed, is that not considered as false advertising or mis selling?
  • Hi,

I have been waiting 12 months for Ann Summers cashback. Why is this taking so long?

Regards
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Quidco -

The wife has had her cashback paid out, but she thinks it's to an old account that she had closed down. She tried looking up the details, but the sort code is all **** out, the account holders name is all **** out & all she's got to go on is about 4 numbers of an account number.

How is she to find out which account this has been paid to & what does she do in the event that this account was actually closed when the payment was made?
  • thecatizzle
    thecatizzle Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 December 2012 at 2:24AM
    Hi there, I have had quidco for three/fours years but have only really started using it at the beginning of this year.

My problem is that I have yet to have one single transaction track by itself. I constantly have to start cashback claims - which is a simple process but it's a bit frustrating when you take into account that sometimes you forget what you have bought online and therefore it never gets tracked!

I have tried deleting my cookies and cache before starting my purchase but to no avail, I was wondering if there was any other solution to this problem? I would really appreciate any advice.

Additionally, when first signing up to Quidco (Aug 2009) I never activated the account or received an email entitled "Account Authentication." I did not use the account because I was not a fan of making any on-line purchases. It was only at the beginning of this year that I had seen a link to quidco on HUKD and I decided I would give it a go but when I went to make an account and use my email, it was already used so I had to use the "forgot your password" etc.

The quidcare team were very helpful and activated my account this year for my first payment run. However, I was really disappointed that although I never activated the account, I was still charged for all the years the account lay dormant. I feel it would have been different and acceptable to be charged if I had activated the account. Can you please advise on this as well please?

Thank you,
    M
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Just to update, previous problem sorted.

However i have a problem myself. I bought from Boots via Quidco, but cashback isn't showing.

I went through the claim option, but i don't know what to select as the cashback rate. Toiletries as an existing customer @ 2% or 1% for all other sales ..... or some other option?

What i bought were Soap & Glory items. Here's the details/problem:

11w7t5g.jpg
  • fallen121
    fallen121 Posts: 900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Bingo sites take a notoriously long time to pay our, although some, such as William Hill, Caesars and Heart Bingo seem to track and pay quite quickly.

My problem is Bob's Bingo, which I joined on 5th Sept. The cashback of £17.50 tracked fairly quickly, but has never been confirmed. On 5th January it will be 4 months.

Now, I am also aware that some sites can take as long as 6 months to confirm, but what is worrying me is that Quidco have now removed Bob's Bingo from their list of Bingo sites, so it looks as though if they don't payout I will have no recourse whatsoever.

I am also not very clear whether or not you have to raise a claim if a tracked transaction doesn't confirm after 6 months?

Leanne, Quidco Company Representative, can you confirm the position please?

Also, now that Bob's Bingo has been removed, does this mean that any chance of getting cashback has effectively gone down the toilet?

Bobs Bingo are a scammy site anyway. Have won £25-£30 several times, but you have to deposit £25 and wager this through about 40 times before you can withdraw anything; that's £1,000 worth of Bingo tickets. Ridiculous that people continue to join really. as theses T&Cs are not made obvious when you deposit - and they should be.

Is the wagering requirement the reaosn Quidco don't have them on the site anymore, or did they just never pay out?

Is my £17.50 lost forever? Was putting my Quidco money towards a holiday :(
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everybody,

I hope you have had a pleasant Christmas and a very merry New Year!

I will answer your questions below.

@Prowla ebookers takes around 3 months after your check out date to confirm cashback, if your total amount of cashback has not rectified itself by then, can you please raise a ticket so we can get this chased up for you?

@pedxxx I’m very sorry that you’ve encountered this problem, for us to take a closer look into this and reach Very and their affiliates regarding this matter, can you please raise a ticket here and we’ll be more than happy to challenge their decision.

@Kite2010 Thanks for pointing this out, I have just tried it on my phone and have found the same problem. We have raised this as a bug and some point soon, you should be able to read the message and have the red notification number decrease. I’m sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience.

@andrea_louise I’m really sorry that you’re still having an issue with this and I can understand your frustration. Can you please raise a ticket and just at the start put FAO: Leanne so that I will get this and can investigate fully for you, myself.

@Fojo I will pass your thanks on to Liam, I’m very sorry that you’ve experienced any delay in the first place but am so glad to hear that this has now been received and passed onto you.

@Froggit Most purchases that track at a lower amount do update themselves just before confirmation, but on the occasion where it does not, I’m very sorry, but the best way for us to deal with this and chase it up is for you to raise a claim, or a ticket and allow us to raise the claim for you.

@mwb77 Hi Mike, I am concerned that this has not been resolved, If you would raise a ticket and include FAO: Leanne at the start, I will happily investigate this for you. As for cancelling your contract, I could not advise you on this as I do not work for the Network and would not like to advise you wrongly, but as @Browntoa has said, the cashback and contract are separate, so it would be unlikely.

@BoredOfSavingNow This does seem to be taking longer than usual, can I ask you to raise a ticket so that we can take a look at this for you?

@Nine_Lives Please don’t worry. As the previous account has been closed, the payment should be returned to us by the bank. This generally takes around 15 days. If she has not already done so, please ask your wife to enter her new bank details into her Payment Settings. Please do this as quickly as possible because we have to hold payments for 10 days once a change of this type has been made. Once the payment is returned to us we will send it out to the next details in the next available payment run. As for the cashback percentage for your purchase from Boots, I believe 2% existing customer for toiletries is the correct one.

@thecatizzle I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the tracking of your purchases. To explain a little further, Quidco do not carry out the tracking of purchases, in fact, no cashback site will carry out its own tracking. All of the tracking within the cashback industry is carried out by third party affiliate networks, who also process the cashback for us. When visiting a site via Quidco, you will go to the retailer's site via the affiliate network's page, and this is how the tracking is initiated. What can happen on occasion, is that your browser or security software settings can be set up in a certain way that block the access of the affiliate network's cookies, which are used to track the cashback, and this causes a failure in tracking. We do have a tracking guide for issues such as this, which can be found here. As for your retention fee, this will only be retained during the membership years that you have been active with us, and if you have made no purchases (declined or confirmed) then no fee should have been retained. Of course, we will be more than happy to look into this for you, if you would like to raise a ticket.

@fallen121 Please don’t worry, as Bobs Bingo was live at your time of purchase, then you are still entitled to the amount of cashback that was live at that time (providing all terms & conditions were followed etc). Sometimes retailers do have a few months off the site before returning. As for the reason Bob’s Bingo is not live with us, I’m afraid that I do not have this information; all I know is that they are not live at the moment and I am unsure as to whether they will be returning. You do not need to raise a claim if something has not become confirmed after 6 months, but if you raise a ticket then we will be more than happy to look into this cashback for you and chase it if necessary.

Thank you for all of your questions, I hope I have managed to help you out, I will be back again shortly to answer any more that you may have.

Have a nice day,

Leanne :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Tinks32
    Tinks32 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Hi I recently joined Quidco and I am confused:)
    I nned to buy a dishwasher and would like to know how much cash back i will receive before i purchase (so that i can compare which companies are the best option)
    I see that Curry's is this http://www.quidco.com/currys/
    on the page before it says get up to 10% cashback, but once i click on the link that takes me Curry's website how do i tell what cashback i will get?
    If you don't ask, you don't get! ;)
  • pedxxx
    pedxxx Posts: 5 Forumite
    Quidco Support

Leanne,

I have already raised a support ticket. My username in Quidco is user2600184. It was raised on 21 Dec.

Thanks,

Lee Downey
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport