IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Hypothetical question about private PCN

Options
I've seen a lost of posts on here saying that as long as its not the council that has issued the PCN then it doesn't matter and you can ignore it as well as all the letters that will be sent. I was wondering where is the line with that? I mean, does this mean I can use a private car park every day and rack up fines and ignore them because the company won't actually take me to court? Surely if they could just be ignored then I would never have to pay for parking again? I'm confused as to what powers these company's actually have. Thank you.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    parking eye issued over 30,000 court claims last year , let see who,s in court today

http://www.bmpa.eu/court.html

I dout if you have seen posts from reputable posters saying "don,t pay" what you have seen are suggestions to challenge them and query there paperwork to a point that if court started the PPC would loose
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If you've been reading THIS forum then I highly doubt you've seen any posts in the past 3+ years recommending you ignore.
  • Heezayy
    Options
    For Premier Parking Solutions I have read most people saying ignore the letters that come and that they legally can't do anything. This doesn't make sense as they legally can't do anything then I would technically never have to pay for parking again.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    premier parking solutions or premier parking logistics?

one is in a ATA , one is a rouge ex clamper well known to the police
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Carthesis
    Carthesis Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    The fact is that, if they can identify the driver, they can try to claim money from them.

If they can't identify the driver, and they comply with very strict legislation fully, they can transfer liability to the registered keeper. However they are all so poor at following what turn out to be *VERY* simple guidelines once you take all the waffle out of them that they are regularly beaten through no fault but their own.

All they have to do is have extremely clear signage stating the charges for overstaying; have it in huge letters and dotted all over the car park; allow sufficient and reasonable grace periods; not take the !!!! with the amount they charge and try and fleece people; abide by a code of conduct that is, in itself not unreasonable and there wouldn't be anywhere *NEAR* the level of success that this forum achieves.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The people you have listened too are idiots. Parking companies can enforce their charges. In saying that some are incredibly incompetent and lack the skills to enforce anything.

There are also other companies who want an easy life and choose not to robustly enforce their charges. If you get a ticket from the latter be aware they have up to 6 years to change their minds and chase the money.
  • Heezayy
    Options
    It's premier parking solutions I speak of in particular, they are based mainly in the southwest
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 October 2016 at 3:04PM
    Options
    Heezayy wrote: »
    It's premier parking solutions I speak of in particular, they are based mainly in the southwest

They've started upping the ante this year in processing court cases.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Parking_Solutions.html

Whether they are 'competent' at it is rather academic once they kick the process off; it's the defendant who's landed with a pile of paperwork to deal with. Do that incompetently or tardily and they will very likely lose. The PPC has the upper hand once proceedings are underway, unless the defendant gets all their ducks in a row.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Heezayy wrote: »
    For Premier Parking Solutions I have read most people saying ignore the letters that come and that they legally can't do anything. This doesn't make sense as they legally can't do anything then I would technically never have to pay for parking again.
    You have been reading old threads. Who are these 'most people' - certainly not on threads here since 2013!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure