bubbs wrote: »
    What HFP?

I am more naive than i thought:rotfl::rotfl:

Head for points.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    tweets wrote: »
    I read all posts but forget which week is which on here lol so could have been last weekend she visited him :D

I think it was this weekend tweets. SSM have you checked out the Easy jet
    > In MSE email. Cheapest time to book. Hth xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Happy holidays MKS x

Thanks, HG.x
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    In Feb 17, it is 30 years since I met OH.

I am searching for a holiday, somewhere easily accessible, warm and very cheap!

Avoid half-term week.:eek:
  • Does anyone know why people on HFP are buying John Lewis gift cards in T (obv. the 75 cc for every £25) and you can use them in Waities.... but is there another reason that I cannot find/understand? Thanks x

Well, I went ferreting about the Waitrose website and it seems likely you can use the JL giftcards for a Waitrose online shop.

Which might be handy as my nearest is over 20 miles away.

Also Waities have an offer for new customers if you do 2 x £100 online shops (free delivery) between now and 4 Dec you get a £40 JL giftcard.

So 8 x £25 giftcards at T = 600 CC pts (is that right?)
    Plus £40 giftcard on 2 x £100 spend

Is this frugal?
    Probably not... unless I look on it as 3 months shopping :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    She wanted somewhere warm perky:whistle::whistle:

If UP was with us.... I think it would be very hot! :D:D:D
    cjj wrote: »
    I think it was this weekend tweets. SSM have you checked out the Easy jet
    > In MSE email. Cheapest time to book. Hth xx

Thanks, I am looking at all the cheap flights including easy jet, when I have booked the flights, I will look for as nice a hotel as we can afford (my logic is that we will spend more time in the hotel)
    MKS wrote: »
    Avoid half-term week.:eek:

We will be catching the end of the half term as the special date is on the 12th so it won't be too bad x
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Well, I went ferreting about the Waitrose website and it seems likely you can use the JL giftcards for a Waitrose online shop.

Which might be handy as my nearest is over 20 miles away.

Also Waities have an offer for new customers if you do 2 x £100 online shops (free delivery) between now and 4 Dec you get a £40 JL giftcard.

So 8 x £25 giftcards at T = 600 CC pts (is that right?)
    Plus £40 giftcard on 2 x £100 spend

Is this frugal?
    Probably not... unless I look on it as 3 months shopping :D

It maybe this, but people are doing 50 mile round trips for the cards so wonder if it is something we are not aware of x
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 6:29PM
    The KTC Spinach Puree tin has gone down in A to more than 10% cheaper than M (the only other place that has it, either instore in M or on online in respect of the other competitors). Therefore I kept it off an M shop. This product also isn't available in many Ms for me, so I wondered if they would have it on the APG (they should do surely, if they also had the KA cans earlier that also aren't in many Ms for me?). However, it's a epic fail that doesn't even provide any information as to whether the KTC product, fwiw now as A is >10% cheaper, is in the M collection stores or not:(:rotfl:. The product appears on the comp. at 800g, as per a.com, even though it is 795g and therefore it could be they have it at the 795g tin it is in M and don't see it as comparable as it has a different weight on the APG. So, I still have no idea from the APG as to whether the product is in any of their Ms or not (precisely the thing I was trying to find out, I have failed to do so). It's due to come off offer in M tomorrow and, if the A r'back continues, A will become more cheaper than actual M, although it is presumably a potential filler against everywhere including M as it is N/A for M.

1x KTC Spinach Puree (800G) £0.75 N/A

I don't know that it has had a downsize - I've 'always' had it at 795g although online (a.com but not msm) says 800g.

Vs T
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175G) £0.55 £0.55
    10x Muller Rice Strawberry (1X180G) £5.50 £3.00

I note Vanilla yogurt showing "Unavailable" on 'my' t.com today, so I did well there. (I do not know if it shows somewhere else in the country on t.com and msm signed out still has it for T.)

I did well on my bananas (I did have to buy two together as I was a little short of my APG spend) as I seem to have returned T 2p off (total) instead of 1p.

0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.13 £0.12
    0.35x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (PER KG) £0.24 £0.23

Although the stores (A and T) are the same price (what a surprise:rotfl:!), T returns at 1p lower. This happens when, on the weight you have bought, it is 0.5p or more at the end of the price and thus rounds up and you pay the penny above:( but, when the APG is done, it takes the price you actually paid for A and, when doing the calculation on the same price per Kg. at the competitor, rounds the competitor price down. This only works against T now, as far as bananas are concerned as S and W are fairtrade so are non-comparable and M's bananas are no longer picked up for no apparent reason.

Hardly anything great as it's a penny:rotfl:, however I have worked out why T (and it used also to be M but no longer) sometimes returns a penny lower. I could have bought a slightly higher weight of banana and thus got a price of 13p rounded down, and then T would have been 13p as well. This was just fortuitous here and not planned. But, splitting the bananas, for other reasons best known to myself, allowed me to get an extra penny lower for T. However, I spent a penny more in the first place by missing my target and getting an 13p banana instead of the 12p one I needed to hit the exact spend:rotfl::rotfl:.

In effect they actually overcharge you slightly on the bananas by rounding up the price for fractions of pence of 0.5p plus, and you only get the 10% cheaper than the competitor when doing an APG that works out overall best against T. But then you could have bought whoospied bananas cheaper, so I'm paying more for them anyway, although they would not help on an APG.

It's better as I moved the Spinach to a T shop - I was originally going to do vs M - and thus was able to get the Mullers that return more than anything I was going to get against M would have done. And my freezer is packed full anyway, so I couldn't get the freezer items today that would have been vs M (offers should still be on for a while).
  • It maybe this, but people are doing 50 mile round trips for the cards so wonder if it is something we are not aware of x

It's a cheap way of getting Avios if you are into those, converting the CC points.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure