New Horizons it training

got a phone call from this company called jrg partners who are apperantly in partnership with new horizopns.
they claimed that they will giove me free it training with a guerantee to get a job £18,000 - 25k.
i graduated from qmul last year and still have not got a job, this seems a good opportunity but i dont really know if this is all kosher as they said the training is free.
anyone know anything?
thanks

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How can anyone guarantee you will get a job, with or without a particular salary, after doing a training course? :confused: You might be pants! :rotfl:

I don't know for sure. If it's free training it might be worth doing. But that's the question that's crossing my mind!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • New Horizons advertises itself as a cost effective learning centre. Looks like there's no such thing as a free lunch!
  • exil
    exil Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    It's possible they may actually interview for specific posts and give you free training if you pass. A bit unusual if that is the case. The normal procedure is to get you to pay for the training. Computeach do this (I'm not advertising!).

IT is not the jobs bonanza it once was, believe me. There are experienced people looking for jobs.

Might be best to see a careers adviser and see if you can take an IT aptitude test.
  • pgk_2
    pgk_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    My son had a call from JRG Partners, offer was 3 months training for £7,000, payable over 3 years, £20k job or nothing to pay. Some sort of government backing. In very smart offices in Finsbury Square.

Anyone know if this is a sensible offer? if it is in line with the market? What is this govenment backing?

Any other comments?

He went to an interview, was impressed, but there were no tests.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure